| Save this job
| Email this job
Who We Are:
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world—tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and Education. With an outward focus on our customers and integrity at our core, we're creating technology solutions that help businesses optimize their operations, families connect from anywhere, and whole communities leave smaller, greener footprints. The result? Widespread impact on the way people live, work and play across the entire globe.
That’s why we need the best and the brightest minds to join our team. People like you— determined to push boundaries, drive real change, and help us create a smarter, better future for all.
What We Do:
From secure cloud computing, to Machine-to-Machine communication, to robust omnichannel experiences, we’re spearheading tomorrow’s innovations, today. Our solutions are empowering individuals, businesses, and communities everywhere to unlock their potential and realize the power of technology. That means connecting children to hands-on learning experiences, enabling global businesses to build mobile workforces, and helping municipalities run greener and more efficiently. Simply put: we’re creating a better future. And you can be a part of it.
With our world of career-defining opportunities, you're sure to find the right fit for your expertise and experience. Visit jobsatvzw.com/vzwjobs
to learn more and apply today.
Careers For Everything You Are
Verizon is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
|Job Reference Number
The Technician - Switch is responsible for the advanced installation, operation, and maintenance of switching, data communications, and peripheral equipment associated with the Mobile Telephone Switching Office (MTSO). Other duties include coordinating installation, testing, and troubleshooting of transmission facilities (Dark Fiber, EBH, 10G, OC192, OC48, T3, T1, and DSO); troubleshooting, upgrading, and administering multiple vendor systems; maintaining system applications; ensuring quality customer service; and providing support to a varied user community; updating daily logs with site-specific information; and composing clear and concise reports for system documentation.
Additionally, the Technician - Switch is responsible for the advanced installation, operation, and maintenance of the regional data network elements, ensuring network integrity and quality. These networks include, but are not limited to regional LTE elements, routers, multilayer switches, MSPP, Ethernet and Ethernet backhaul. Technician Switch is expected to perform his/her duties with minimum supervision, and participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled.
- Review documentation, MOP’s, installation and network connectivity with Engineering
- Complete all Work Orders and Change Orders, with the correct information, hardware and/or software
- Maintain accurate “Spares” hardware inventory for all Switch fixed network and peripheral platforms.
- Work with Network Engineering for implementation of larger cross-functional Network Projects
- Responsible for Repair & Return shipping procedures.
- Routine maintenance & monitoring of Switches, peripherals, -48V DC Power power plants and inverters.
- Responsible for the timely repair and documentation on all Trouble Tickets and CSR’s.
- Maintain MTSO facilities including: Generators, HVAC, AC/DC Power, & Access.
- Provide 7/24 coverage on-call rotation
- Minimum Associates degree, 2-year technical degree, relevant military experience, equivalent special electronics training, or equivalent work experience is required. A 4-yr technical degree and/or certifications such as CCNA or CCNP are preferred.
- Intermediate training in at least 3 of the following areas preferred: data networking and communications, wireless technologies, digital communications, operating systems and applications, telecommunications, and/or power distribution.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data networking protocols including TCP/IP, OSI, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, BFD, SIP and other LAN/WAN protocols is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data transmission facilities such as OC48, T3, T1, DSO, 1G/ 10G native Ethernet, and SONET is required.
- Additional experience with Ericcson MTX & VSE, NSN RAN equipment, AEMS, EvDO RNC, LTE MME/SGW/EnodeB, Tellabs DACS, Fujitsu 4500/9500, and Voice mail platforms is considered a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook is required.
- General knowledge in the use of electronic test equipment is required.
- Desirable Software expertise: UNIX, Visio, Irisview, eHealth, Protocol analyzers, and network monitoring tools are a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.
Report this job
Find out what's going on with Verizon!
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.