Nursing careers at UnitedHealth Group are anything but ordinary. There’s an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. A passion for excellence you won’t find anywhere else. We ask tough questions. We push ourselves and each other to find smarter solutions. The result is a culture of performance that’s driving the health care industry forward. Nursing here isn’t for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Learn more, and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Nurse Practitioner FT - Waukesha - Milwaukee - Optum (Evercare)
This job posting is for a Nurse Practitioner position full-time for coverage in Milwaukee and/or Waukesha/Brookfield areas. This is part of the Optum Care Plus (Evercare) expansion.
Improve Your Quality of Life While Helping Seniors!
Evercare is now part of the OptumHealth division under the greater UnitedHealth Group. As an OptumHealth Nurse Practitioner (NP) you will provide primary care to your caseload of patients in long term care settings. This excellent opportunity affords a flexible autonomous role bringing enormous satisfaction in the care and comfort of our aging population. Additionally, you will build meaningful relationships with the residents and their families.
Get better informed to determine your fit into this position.
Click here to view the Realistic Job preview: Complex_Care_NP_RJP
Click here to listen to our NPs describe their work at OptumHealth: Nurse Practitioner Video
Key responsibilities of the NP include:
- Providing primary care in assigned Skilled Nursing Facilities.
- Assess and diagnose.
- Collaborate with physicians and staff.
- Notify family of changes in condition.
- Focus on early identification of changes in condition as well as strong management of chronic conditions.
- Knowledge of geriatric syndrome- helpful.
- Position requires resilience with EMRs and required documentation.
- Strong communication skills and focus on customer needs and services.
What makes your clinical career greater with OptumHealth? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You can work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
Keywords: nurse practitioner, Nurse Practitioner, Nurse practitioner, Optum, long term care
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Current, unrestricted Nurse Practitioner license in the state of assignment or the ability to obtain
- DEA certificate current or the ability to obtain
- Nurse Practitioner national certification as ANP, FNP, or GNP required or the ability to obtain (Acute Care considered)
- A clinical background in adult, family or geriatric specialties preferred
- Past experience working in long-term care, a nursing home or with seniors in other settings preferred
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills preferred
- Intermediate level of proficiency in PC based word processing including Microsoft Word and Outlook
What happens when you join our expanding, Fortune 17 organization? You will share our mission to improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
If you want more meaning in your career, as a clinician or a business professional, take this opportunity and apply. It's the first step in a new career that will enable you to do your life's best work. (SM)
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Job Category: Nurse
Job Reference Code: UHG-552980-3
Position Type: Full-Time