Advantage Sales and Marketing (ASM)
Report this job
|Retail Supervisor Full Time
|Advantage Sales & Marketing
Relevant Work Experience:
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC (ASM) is a consumer packaged goods sales and marketing agency committed to building brand value for our clients and customers.
ASM's customized sales and marketing solutions include headquarter sales, retail merchandising and marketing services, specializing in client and customer events, publications and assisted-selling services for the grocery, drugstore, club, convenience, natural/specialty, sporting goods, consumer electronics and home center channels.
Report this job
If you have the ability to both see the big picture and execute in-store, our Retail Supervisor (RS) position may be a great fit for you. This pivotal role is responsible for achieving and maintaining all Client and Customer standards by directing and overseeing the activities of your team of Retail Sales Representatives and Merchandisers within your assigned territory. The Retail Supervisor works closely with Business Development Managers, Clients, Store Managers and various retail personnel to ensure retail business objectives are met and exceeded.
Retail Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Business Development: Drive the achievement of in-store retail excellence goals by building goodwill with Clients, timely new item retail placement and ensuring completion of all retail projects
- Client Audits: Achieves Client goals and objectives by effectively managing and directing retail personnel, conducting store audits and effectively executing all retail projects. Establishes and maintains trade and Client relationships by increasing brand representation and effectiveness.
- Sales and Merchandising: Maintains client objectives by ensuring product(s) are fully stocked, correctly signed, set to schematics and properly faced.
- New Items: Achieves business objectives through placement of new items in all authorized stores.
- Shelf Standards and Conditions: Authorizes items to meet client shelf schematic standards.
- Call Coverage: Oversees call coverage by scheduling merchandisers and reviewing reports.
- Budget and Expense Control: Budgeting and expense control with the goal of coming in under budget and having excellent control of expenses.
- Administration/Reporting: Completes paperwork in an accurate and timely fashion, including; reports, recaps, itineraries, timesheets, expense reports, etc.
Retail Supervisor Qualifications:
- High School Diploma.
- AA Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 4+ years applicable work experience.
- 2+ years supervisory experience.
- Strong communication skills with the confidence to make key decisions.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Advantage Sales & Marketing, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
ResponsibilitiesAdvantage Sales and Marketing, LLC (ASM) is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. ASM services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today. Position Summary
The Retail Supervisor (RS) is responsible for achieving and maintaining all Client and Customer standards by overseeing and directing activities of Retail Sales Representatives and Merchandisers within an assigned territory. This person works closely with Business Development Managers, Clients, Store Managers, and various retail personnel to ensure retail business objectives are met. Essential Job Dutie and Responsibilities
- Business Development: will work on the achievement of in-store retail excellence goals by building goodwill with the trade and Clients, timely new item retail placement, and ensure completion of all retail projects.
- Client Audits: will work on the achievement of Client goals and objectives by effectively managing and directing retail personnel, conducting store audits, and executing all retail projects.
- Will increase brand representation and effectiveness through establishing and maintaining trade and Client relationships and by conducting Client work with appointments.
- Sales and Merchandising: will maintain Client objectives by ensuring product(s) are fully stocked, correctly signed, properly faced, and set to schematics.
- New Items: will work on the achievement of business objectives through
placement of new items in all authorized stores.
- Shelf Standards and Conditions: will authorize items to meet Client shelf
- Call Coverage; oversee call coverage through scheduling merchandisers and
- Budget and Expense Control: Budgeting and expense control with the goal of
coming in under budget and having excellent control of expenses.
- Administration/Reporting: will complete accurate and timely paperwork and
reports, recaps, itineraries, timesheets, expense reports, etc.
Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports Travel and/or Driving Requirements:
- Travel and Driving is an essential duty and function of this job
Report this job
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required):
Associate's Degree o
r equivalent work experience (Preferred):
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- 2-4 years of supervisory experience
Environmental & Physical Requirements: ASM shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law. Field / Administrative Requirements:
- Good written communication and verbal communication skills
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Work independently
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Word, Excel, and Internet usage
- Ability to gather data, to compile information, and prepare reports
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office, field, retail store, or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department. Additional Information Regarding ASM Job Duties and Job Descriptions:
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. ASM reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law.
DisclaimerThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Sales & Marketing LLC. Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: 'To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services.'
Advantage Sales & Marketing LLC is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, ASM shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.