IT Project Manager
Reporting to the Vice President of IT, this position coordinates supports, supervises and manages all activities related to the technical design, development, implementation, support and maintenance of key Metal Sales strategic initiatives related to internal and external information systems and applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises and provides project management leadership over certain strategic initiatives. This involves activities from conceptual design through development, deployment and on-going support.
- Interact with and coordinate the activities of all project stakeholders representing both internal as well as external resources.
- Oversee the technical aspects of these initiatives by interacting closely with highly skilled IT team members, including business analysts, developers, programmers and database specialists.
- Provide management with progress reports and project updates (both scheduled and unscheduled) and create and maintain on-going communications with team members in a widely distributed environment.
- Responsible for participating in core project team meetings and representing all strategic project concerns across multiple departments and branch operations.
- Assists the VP of IT in any special projects or unique IT initiatives that may be undertaken and participates as a contributing member of the MSMC IT team in any cross-functional activities or projects.
- Keep current on processes and protocols, project management techniques and recommend and implement process improvements.
- Minimum of 2 years of responsible experience in a similar role of providing direct technical project management support of projects related to web-based systems and enterprise applications, ideally in a corporate setting. Experience in; web-development, graphic design, web-analytics and reporting systems would be helpful. A basic understanding of current web-app development tools and techniques, such as HTML, XML, SOAP, CSS, PHP, Java, DreamWeaver, ASP, .net and the Photo Shop and the Adobe Creative Suite. Understanding of IT infrastructure issues, including virtualization, configuration, partitioning, security systems and data back-up processes.
- Demonstrated experience in leading project teams and successfully overseeing projects involving the design, building and deployment of web-based applications and other enterprise systems, including related hardware and networking systems upgrades and deployment.
- The ability to work independently and as a team member, in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines and successfully communicating with both internal and external customers.
- A four-year degree in a technical or scientific discipline or a combination of training, education and experience that demonstrates proficiency in meeting the above requirements.
- PMI Certification(s) would be a big plus.
For nearly 50 years, Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation has earned a reputation as the premier provider of innovative metal roofing, metal siding, building components and accessories. We’ve backed this reputation with the steel roofing industry’s largest professional sales & service team, supported by 20 branches located throughout the United States.
We offer a full line of exceptional quality metal roofing systems, siding and metal wall panels for agricultural, commercial, architectural, industrial, and residential projects of every shape and size – new construction or retro-fit. Learn more about the advantages of using metal roofing and metal siding in your next building project.
But our cutting-edge technology and durable designs are only part of the story. Architects, contractors and installers appreciate the impeccable service from our highly trained professional staff, ready to answer any question, or help devise custom solutions to your building and energy saving needs.