Talent Acquisition Specialist
Primary interface with hiring managers and Human Resource Business Partner for the Western Region. Responsible for the full cyle hiring process; design tactical recruiting plan for targeted job (s). Present qualified list of prescreened candidates to hiring manager. Disposition candidates as required throughout the hiring process. Provide guidance to managers and HR business partner on the recruiting process.
• Determine appropriate sourcing strategy for position(s) to be filled.
• Meet regularly with hiring managers to calibrate expectations of the hiring process.
• Ensure that candidate has fulfilled all requirements in the Applicant Tracking System.
• Interview candidates and present qualified prescreened candidates to hiring manager.
• Disposition candidates at the appropriate time during the hiring process.
• Follow all steps as defined by the hiring process.
• Emphasize the importance of recruiting a diverse workforce by presenting a diverse slate of candidates.
• Accept personal responsibility for perpetuating WESCO’s reputation as “The Employer of Choice”.
EXPERIENCE:Minimum 2 years experience in recruiting and staffing required.Minimum 2 years experience and working knowledge of Applicant Tracking System(s) required.Minimum 2 years experience in understanding of recruiting policies and practices and employment law required.Minimum 2 years experience and working knowledge of social media relative to the recruiting of candidates preferred.Minimum 1 year experience in similar industry preferred. EDUCATION:Bachelors degree required.AIRS Certification preferred. SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS :Strong verbal and written communication skills.Proficient in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Microsoft Outlook.Ability to conduct behavioral interviews to assess candidate capability.Ability to execute daily tasks with limited supervision.Ability to learn software packages, including applicant tracking.Must be flexible, adaptable and well organized.Ability to analyze data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.Project management experience.
WESCO International is a leader in industrial supply with an extensive offering of electrical, data communications, general maintenance, repair, and operating (MRO) and electrical OEM products. We are more than just an electrical distributor; we are a company of procurement specialists, helping customers lower supply chain costs, increase efficiency through WESCO Value Creation and save energy with green and sustainability initiatives. Our network of branches delivers industrial supply products fast, and our vast catalog of supplier partners enables WESCO to be your one-stop shop for electrical and MRO products. As a Fortune 500 company, our industrial supply solutions leverage our buying power and extensive procurement experience that leaders across a broad range of industries trust to deliver value, service and results that exceed customer expectations.