KENS 5 Television Inc., a Gannett-owned CBS affiliate, is seeking a digital savvy, highly motivated sales professionals to join our advertising team in the San Antonio market selling our marketing solutions to local small businesses (SMBs). Our ideal candidate will be goal oriented, is a relentless hunter, driving to win new businesses, and has a track record of exceeding monthly goals. If you are passionate about selling, have an interest in digital advertising, and possess excellent presentation and closing skills - then we’d love to talk to you!
Our Digital Account Executives maximize advertising sales potential, through the development of quality business relationships and promotion of new/existing advertising products. This position requires a heavy amount of prospecting and lead-development with small businesses. Our consultants will be part of a regional sales team, with each rep focused on a specific geographic territory.
Essential Duties include:
• Generating new leads by making cold calls, calling on inactive accounts, and maintaining an awareness of new businesses opening in the area
• Understanding the clients’ advertising needs, and develop the ideal marketing solution for them
• Delivering customized sales presentations in person, or by phone/web-demos
• Attending weekly sales meetings as required
• Be a driving force in the success of the company’s goals by achieving individual monthly sales quota
• Be the face of KENS 5 and ensure a superior customer experience
Our Ideal Candidate will possess the following skills and qualities:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred and two (2) to five (5) years of experience in digital sales, preferably in a TV station environment
• Passion to educate & sell
• Exceptional written, verbal, phone and presentation skills
• Strong computer skills
• Proven track record at exceeding monthly, quarterly or annual quota
• Self-motivated and results oriented individual
• Has an outgoing, resilient personality
• Enjoys the thrill of the hunt, brings in new business
• Confident and not willing to accept average
• Doesn’t take themself too seriously and can have fun!
KENS 5 offers a competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, EAP, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, holiday, paid time off, and 401(k). EOE. No phone calls please.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. Our portfolio of trusted brands offers marketers unmatched local-to-national reach and customizable, innovative marketing solutions across any platform. Gannett is committed to connecting people – and the companies who want to reach them – with their interests and communities.