PRODUCT MANAGER, SKID STEER / TRACK LOADER
JOB IS LOCATED IN WEST BEND, WI
Reporting to the Manager Product Development, proactively manage respective Gehl/Mustang Product Lines. Support development and maintenance of Strategic Product Plan. Help set product line project priorities and support completion of projects. Manage respective Product Line Price Book requirements. Help with Product Training and Sales support activities. Provide required support for Program Team. Manage Product and Project Team activities.
1. Assist with compiling and maintaining Strategic Product Plan for Product Line. Includes compiling executive summary, product update/change history, retail sales history, shipments and sales forecast, product line margins, warranty cost as percent of sales, manufacturing issues, product competitors SWOT, market changes and trends, current product line and projects, and three year product opportunities.
2. Member of Respective Product Teams. Attend meetings, write product/project definitions, participating in market and customer surveys to identify needs and potential product opportunities, propose product improvements and upgrades, champion product success and drive resolution of respective action items. Coordinate product development process for new products and major product changes with Project Manager.
3. Maintain Product Line Price Book. Assess cost and set price of current and new whole good products, attachments and accessories. Responsible for overall product range profitably and margin within company goal. Bundling and packaging of options to support Easy To Do Business With, cost containment and margin enhancement initiatives. Responsible for Rationalization of attachments, options and accessories.
4. Generate Price Addition Change PAC for formal approval and entry into IFS Responsible for forecasting initial requirements of new attachments, accessories and options, and supporting Sales in forecasting new whole good products.
5. Develop and maintain intimate knowledge of market and competitive products Includes dealer/customer visits to promote features and benefits of Gehl/Mustang/Manitou products and differentiation from competitors. Attend national and regional trade shows to man booths and converse with customers to determine value differentiation or ideas we might incorporate into our products. Provide feedback on improvements, upgrades and new models needed in family of products.
6. Product Training: support the Product and Training Specialist to ensure we highlight product feature/benefit advantages of our equipment and competitive comparisons with value differentiation. Conduct product walk around, operating tips, and hands on driving demonstrations.
7. Program Team Support: includes compiling competitive price comparison Information from DDM/PATS/ASM's into template for program team review and action. Also publish summary of competitor pricing programs as well as product development initiatives. Communicate information to Team on monthly basis for Program modification.
8. Communicate potential product improvements and upgrades to field Sales Force via CPRL Current Product Request List. Includes being aware of customer problems and product issues form weekly RSM reports establish and maintain CPRL which prioritizes projects to insure service, engineering and manufacturing respond in a timely manner. Drive CPRL via monthly meetings with Sales Directors, Bus. Dev. Mgr. and Engineering Mgr. to review status and priority. Publish CPRL on Intranet.
9. Work with Manager, Product Management to maintain relationship with Outside Manufactured Product OMP suppliers of Compact Equipment. Includes proactive discussions on product plans, product feature and benefit. Requirements, cost/pricing issues, attachments, options, accessories and warranty policy. Also work with CEA and other suppliers to insure that attachments are available to support product line.
10. Work with Marketing Services Manager to help support literature needs: includes trade publication articles and interviews for product stories. Also support development of product launch kits, literature pieces, feature benefit guide, videos, and walk around guides.
11. Internal product resource expert most knowledgeable on your assigned products. Develop competitive side by side product spec comparisons, maintain product guides, document product information on Dealer Portal, develop product technical specification sheets and be advisor to CSR group.
12. Maintain travel and product development budget to support associated activities and position responsibilities. Work with DSM's to arrange Dealer visit for product promotion and support. Work with Director, Product Management and RSM's to source competitive equipment for design and development analysis of new products, upgrade's options and accessories.
13. Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree in Business Marketing or related field.
2. Two to Five years of experience in strategic product planning in material handling equipment and/or a similar product type. Preference being Telescopic Handlers and/or Rough Terrain Forklifts.
3. Three to five years' experience managing cost, price and margin assessment.
4. Experience with complex program & project management.
5. Excellent analytical and technical skills.
6. Excellent verbal and written communications skills and interpersonal skills.
7. Strong organizational skills.
8. Basic user experience with ERP databases similar to Oracle, SAP or IFS.
9. Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
10. Familiar with Microsoft Project.
11. Familiar with Microsoft SharePoint, BrightWork PM Point.
12. Must be able to travel 20-30% of the year. 13. Bilingual in French a benefit.
With roots dating back to 1859, Manitou Americas (formerly known as Gehl Company) is a producer of light industrial, construction, and agriculture equipment. Headquartered in West Bend, Wisconsin, Manitou Americas maintains North American operations in Madison and Yankton, South Dakota, Waco, Texas and Belvidere, Illinois. While Manitou Americas has had a presence in international markets for over 50 years, it became a true global company in 2008 when it became a wholly owned subsidiary of Manitou, based in Ancenis, France.