Regional HR Manager Columbus Ohio
As a key member of the Store Operations HR Leadership team, the HR Manager is responsible for the management of the Human Resource function supporting up to 500 retail stores per Divisional Vice President and by providing operational support and management of HR functional activities including recruiting, succession planning, workforce stabilization, compliance, compensation, benefits, team relations, and employee communications for assigned Region(s).
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Collaborate with Store Operations Business Partners to ensure Human Resources practices are met including HR Compliance, Staffing Levels, Retention and Team Member Engagement.
2. Coach Field Management and Store Managers to success on all aspects of Human Resource management in groups and one on one.
3. Communicate and support best practices regarding Hiring, Team Member Engagement, Retention and Performance Management.
4. Assist in the management of the Talent Management process to include: Annual Performance Appraisals and mid-year assessments; impress upon management the importance of the career planning and performance evaluation programs.
5. Plan and direct Store Operations Succession and Retention practices to include Annual Succession Planning meetings and Individual Development Plans. Follow up with the Operators and HR DVPs quarterly for status updates to identify candidates for available positions across the organization.
6. Partner with Team Relations Managers, Field Managers and LP Business Partners to conduct investigations and successfully resolve Team Relations issues in a timely manner.
7. Analysis of People Metrics and Reports to determine opportunities for improvement and prepare action-oriented market plans for Store Operations.
8. Collaborate with HR DVP Store Operations to develop and implement innovative approaches, programs and policies /procedures that contribute to a Team Member oriented, strong Company culture.
9. Maintain expert knowledge of Federal and State employment law and ensure compliance within Store Operations
10. Represent HR and Store Operations on cross-functional teams for projects, new programs and process improvement.
11. Other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s (BA/BS) degree in Human Resources, Management or a related field; or equivalent experience
Experience: Minimum of 4-6 years of HR experience; multi-unit experience in an retail or related environment strongly preferred.
Job Related / Technical Skills: Microsoft Office Application Proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); familiarity with Oracle a plus
Certifications: PHR/SPHR Certification a plus
The first Family Dollar store was opened in Charlotte, NC, in 1959. It was a relatively small, self-service operation located in a neighborhood convenient to low and middle income consumers. The merchandise assortment featured basic goods for family and home needs. The no frills, low overhead, cash-and-carry environment provided good value at the lowest price points. As the company opened more stores, it became clear that this merchandising concept filled a niche in the marketplace and held great promise for supporting a chain of much larger size.
Refinements have been made through the years, but we have never lost sight of our original concept. From the beginning, all our efforts have been focused on meeting the needs of our customer base for good quality, low-cost, basic merchandise.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Family Dollar Stores, Inc., a Fortune 500 Company with revenues in excess of seven billion dollars a year, is a team effort. Our team is over 40,000 men and women strong. Together we move our merchandise through nine distribution centers to more than 6,700 Family Dollar stores in 44 states.
Family Dollar believes that excellent teamwork is achieved only through open communication among individuals who are empowered to develop to their highest potential. By attracting and retaining team members who are committed to the ideals of an achievement-focused culture and who participate in decision-making through open lines of communication, Family Dollar will stride into its second half century as a world class organization.
Family Dollar also recognizes that having fun where you work is an essential element in building a winning team. Team members are encouraged to work hard, take pride in their achievements, and have fun doing it.
If you are ready to take on a challenging and rewarding career unlike any other in retail, take a look at the opportunities in Store Operations at Family Dollar. Our largest division, Store Operations is the heart and soul of our Company. Our store opportunities offer wide variety from stocking shelves, running a register and customer service to managing and operating clean, neat and in-stock stores. Our career development track offers you the chance to choose the path youâ€™d like to follow, at your own pace. Family Dollar offers long term rewarding careers to those who are looking to broaden their retail experience.
Family Dollar’s Distribution Centers are responsible for ensuring that our stores have the right product at the right time to meet our customers’ needs. Investments in Supply Chain technology are second only to our investment in the careers of our distribution center team members.
We offer management opportunities in the following departments:
- Operations: Receiving, Forklift, Repack, Bulk and Shipping
- Human Resources
- Industrial Engineering
- Information Technology
- Inventory Control
- Loss Prevention
- Occupational Health
- Training / Safety
Family Dollar's Corporate Office is located in Matthews, NC - just outside of Charlotte, the state's largest and most vibrant city. As one of the most exciting and growing retail organizations in the country we are always looking for high energy, talented team members. At our corporate office, our focus is on supporting our national network of stores and distribution centers and we offer career opportunities in wide ranging lines of business.