Job is located in West Bend, WI.
Manitou Americas, Inc. has an immediate opening for a self-starting engineer to lead project development from concept to production.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Project Engineer
- Responsibilities may include structural, hydraulic, mechanical, electrical, and/or control system design.
- Perform conceptual design to support the activities leading to the creation of new or improvements to existing products or product applications.
- Prepare design, analysis, test requirements, performance, schedule, and cost information as required in assigned area of responsibility for existing or new products.
- Optimize component/product designs for performance, cost, standardization, and manufacturability.
- Works with manufacturing to resolve any problems encountered in the fabrication and construction of experimental or production machines.
- Contribute to the cost improvement program by meeting or exceeding the annual goal.
- Lead engineering efforts in resolving field problems when required.
- Direct, coordinate and supervise project design including technical supervision of personnel assigned to your assigned projects.
- Assist other departments in preparation of manuals and sales literature on assigned projects.
- Completes additional duties as requested by management.
- Physical activities include running of computers, potential assisting in the assembly, installation and operation of prototype and data acquisition equipment. Capability to be in a jobsite or production factory environment, heat, cold, wet, dry, etc. for periods of time is required.
- Travel both domestically and international may be required.
Job Requirements of the Project Engineer
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required. Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of related experience in product design and project development is required with experience in construction or mobile machinery preferred.
- The ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with a wide range of individuals.
- The ability to coordinate workflow and meet deadlines is required.
- Previous working experience with a 3-D CAD system is required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
With roots dating back to 1859, Manitou Americas (formerly known as Gehl Company) is a producer of light industrial, construction, and agriculture equipment. Headquartered in West Bend, Wisconsin, Manitou Americas maintains North American operations in Madison and Yankton, South Dakota, Waco, Texas and Belvidere, Illinois. While Manitou Americas has had a presence in international markets for over 50 years, it became a true global company in 2008 when it became a wholly owned subsidiary of Manitou, based in Ancenis, France.