At Kruger Products L.P., Canada’s leading supplier of brand name tissue products, we do more than manufacture and distribute towel and tissue products. We’re a place where innovation grows, a diverse culture where people come together to make meaningful decisions for the company and their professional and personal development. We are a company that recognizes accomplishments while ensuring you are challenged and ready to take on the future.
At KTG USA LP, we epitomize diligence, endurance, and perseverance. We are the largest manufacturing facility beneath one roof in the Memphis region. As a key partner under the Kruger Products L.P. family, we value customers. We value employees. We simply value relationships. We seize opportunities and cultivate potential. Our shared principles-character, development, teamwork, ownership, and rewards governs our behavior as a progressive organization of choice. If you’re passionate about going above and beyond, come and join our vibrant team as we embrace a new era of excitement, growth, and infinite possibilities. We are currently seeking a:
Electrical/Instrumentation Maintenance Technician
The E/I Maintenance Technician position is part of a Maintenance Team that supports the paper machine and the two converting lines. The position coordinates closely with the paper machine and converting operations teams as customers of the reliability centered maintenance support services the maintenance team is responsible for delivering. The E/I Maintenance Technician position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor. This is an hourly paid position in our high performance work system that works a rotating 24 hour, 7 day per week shift schedule. There are both day (Monday through Friday) assignments and shift assignments. It is expected that all of our E/I Maintenance Technician positions will fill both day and shift roles over the course of time.
The principal responsibilities of the E/I Maintenance Technician position are to ensure that the processes are maintained in a preventive fashion to ensure optimum reliability and up time. The E/I Maintenance Technician will be responsible for conducting preventative and corrective maintenance of electrical equipment and troubleshooting circuit problems while applying theory and related knowledge to install, rebuild, or repair electrical equipment as needed. The E/I Technician will also assist with all service calls while on-duty. The E/I Technician will ensure all required tools, parts and supplies are available for each job performed; will complete required service records; and will be responsible for recommending and/or initiating equipment modifications and/or replacement of electrical components. E/I Maintenance Technicians will also have responsibilities to support and learn Mechanical Maintenance skills and tasks as necessary.
The E/I Maintenance Technician closely integrates with the operating area he/she is assigned to, providing insights into the high performance work team concept to ensure that team and business goals are achieved. As such, if business or operational situations necessitate, the E/I Maintenance Technicians may be called upon to backfill operations personnel. They are also expected to proactively assist operations personnel, as needed in daily activities, to meet organizational objectives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Technicians will accept personal responsibility at all times for themselves and assist where they can with the safety of other team members and contractors. This includes, but is not limited to such things as:
- Ensuring all safety rules and safe work procedures are followed by themselves and by others working in and around the machinery
- All injuries and near misses being reported and followed up in a timely manner
- Housekeeping standards and expectations are maintained
- Providing leadership and active participation in team safety meetings, discussions, and training opportunities
- Following all safety procedures such as Lockout/Tagout, Confined Space, PPE, etc.
- Lead and/or participate in crew discussions (both within maintenance and with operations) prior to major events, e.g. down days, etc. emphasizing Job Hazard Analyses prior to commencing work.
- Ensure crew has adequate supply of required safety equipment
- First Responder responsibilities as trained for and required
Technicians will ensure that all paper products adhere to quality conformance and diligence specifications. This includes, but is not limited to such things as:
- Lead by example by being a quality advocate
- Providing support as needed to correct quality deficiencies, e.g. product or packaging defects
- Ensuring all work performed meets quality standards
Productivity and Reliability:
Technicians will safely:
- Provide support to operations in running machines at centerline conditions, standard speeds, etc. to maximize efficiency and productivity. Additionally, they will be expected to assist with troubleshooting equipment issues.
- Address downtime issues promptly and effectively.
- Lead and/or participate with root cause analysis for operating problems including the identification of contributing causes for non-operating events and work to eliminate the root cause for continuous improvement.
- Troubleshoot electrical or control issues by reading logic in DCS, MCS, or PLCs.
- Troubleshoot ProfiBus and EtherNZet communication control issues using diagnostic equipment.
- Troubleshoot issues related to paper machine coordinated drives.
- Maintain spares as needed to insure that equipment is available when required.
- Effectively utilize and maintain the SAP Plan Maintenance System, including following all computer based and paper processes for work order completion and documentation.
- Manage costs that they have the ability to impact wisely and eliminate waste (i.e. parts, tools, time, personnel), and take the initiative to bring forward and resolve issues.
- Continuously strive to reduce Stores inventory requirements by increasing reliability through predictive monitoring, scheduled and preventative maintenance.
- Debottlenecking operation by addressing upcoming production’s needs and proactively resolving issues prior to scheduled requirements.
Equipment and Facility Maintenance
Technicians will work to maintain the integrity of the facility and operating equipment to ensure on-going safe, reliable operations. This includes such things as:
- Maintaining housekeeping standards
- Performing basic care rounds, ensuring that all equipment is inspected as specified by the Reliability-Centered-Maintenance requirements.
- Completing maintenance care responsibilities and initiating and assisting in equipment repair as needed
Technicians will be expected to take an active role in learning the equipment, processes, and systems. Additionally, they will be expected to:
- Participate in organizational improvement teams, e.g. Safety Committee, Quality Improvement, Productivity / Cost Reduction Teams, etc, as assigned on a rotating basis
- Actively share their knowledge to train/mentor other team members, including both maintenance and operations to foster their development, including required safety training control systems, troubleshooting capabilities and other skills as identified.