Qualifications of the QA Engineer:
Preferred Experience of the QA Engineer:
- 5 or more years professional QA engineering experience
- Experience with test automation tools (Selenium, JUnit, HTTPUnit, PHPUnit, Robot Framework, SimpleTest, etc.), or at least one year software development experience using a third generation (Java, C, C++) or scripting (PHP, Python, Perl) language
- Experience testing complex public-facing Web applications
- Relentless in debugging issues down to the code level
- Proficient with Unix shell scripting and administering your own Unix box
- An understanding of relational database structure and queries (SQL)
- Ability to convey risk assessments back to management and peers
- Experience with some source control management system: Mercurial, Git, Subversion, Perforce, CVS
- Experience with some bug reporting system: JIRA, Bugzilla, Trac
- Ability to handle many concurrent tasks on tight deadlines
- Experience with agile programming methodologies such as Scrum or XP
- Experience writing automated functional test cases within a test-driven development (TDD) process
- Experience with security, load, or performance testing
- Understanding of non-relational databases such as MongoDB
- Fundamental understanding of WWW programming, including Web server configuration and Internet protocols (HTTP, SOAP) and declarative languages (XML, HTML)
- Advanced Unix system and/or network administration experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Fluency in one or more non-English languages
The QA Engineer role is a direct hire opportunity with one of our clients in Raleigh, NC. Being able to communicate and thrive in a team-oriented environment is key for this position. Target salary range is $70,000 - $80,000. Local candidates strongly preferred. No sponsorship available.
Apply for this position now through CareerBuilder, or by sending a Word resume to Marlon Kiel at mkiel AT hirenetworks.com. To help ensure a timely response, include the reference code CBMK-4333 in the subject heading of your email message.
When looking for a job, have you ever heard the phrase… it is not about what you know, it is who you know?
At HireNetworks, it really is all about who we
Whether your current contract is coming to a close, you’re looking to advance your career or are a company on the hunt for new talent and wanting to expand…let HireNetworks put our
networks to work for you.
HireNetworks is an equal opportunity employer.