Medication Technician provides medication management and assistance with the activities of daily living for assigned residents in Assisted Living and Memory Care under the supervision of the Director of Nursing employees as confidential.
1. Administers prescription medications at the appropriate times for assigned unit during shift. Signs off on all medications at the time of administration.
2. Transfers all new prescriptions to the MAR from the physicians orders or admission orders such as an FL2. Faxes all prescription orders to the pharmacy at the time of resident admission.
3. Assists care plan team with care plan assessments as needed.
4. Assists resident with the activities of daily living which include but are not limited to personal hygiene, social and wellness activities, dining, safety and evacuations, bathing, dressing, and transporting.
5. Provides assistance to residents in the dining room including serving, bussing, order taking, and the refilling of beverage containers.
6. Observes residents and notes in the proper chart any changes, unusual occurrences or reactions to medications.
7. Acknowledges and follows the Resident Bill of Rights.
8. Takes and records vital signs.
9. Changes bed linens for residents and cleans resident rooms and bathrooms.
10. Assists with resident social activities as needed.
11. Confirms doctor Services.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Represents the campus in a positive manner while creating an environment that fosters respect and courtesy for residents and employees alike. Works within the campus programs to promote safety and the well-being of all residents and employees.
2. Upholds the campus Mission Statement.
3. Maintains HIPAA standards and regards all medical or healthcare information pertaining to residents and appointments for residents and makes reservations for transportation.
4. Leads (when needed) and participates in daily activity program with residents, resident families and other staff members.