Lead Performance Engineer
The Lead Performance Engineer role is a direct hire opportunity with one of our clients in Cary, NC. Target salary range is $107,500 - $118,000 with one of the best benefits packages in town. You will be doing rescue work, taking over projects that are currently failing. This means that you will be working on programs across multiple projects and domains as well as working with different applications. Relocation assistance is available as is sponsorship for people with at least 2 years remaining on their current visa.
The Lead Performance Engineer will develop and manage overall performance test strategy for multiple performance testing projects. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to review of user and functional requirements, develop test strategy, writing test scripts to verify stated and implied requirements, execution of test scripts, implementing test framework, reporting, analysis and defect tracking and resolution. This role requires an acute sense of attention to detail and a flexible, team-player approach. Superior organization, written communication and verbal communication skills are required.
Responsibilities of the Lead Performance Engineer:
- Review user and non-functional requirements
- Participate in defect tracking and resolution
- Development of performance test framework and tools
- Collaborate cross-functionally as required with Engineering, IT, Product, and Services
- Work closely with management, product owners, application developers and quality engineers to understand product requirements and design appropriate performance test plans to verify performance, capacity and scalability requirements
- Provide accurate scoping, clear strategies, and milestones for performance tests
- Communicate status, risks to test complete dates, and offer mitigation strategies to ensure on-time delivery of all committed projects to cross functional teams
- Participate in discussions and planning with development teams
- Design and implement scalability, stability, stress, reliability, availability, and longevity tests using industry standard tools and custom developed test tools.
- Review test plans, results analysis and capacity planning guides for in flight projects
- Demonstrate the ability to understand system architectures, pinpoint problem areas, and develop succinct test plans across multiple hardware and software tiers with little more than verbal conversation.