Requirements of the Hardware Lab Monitoring Engineer:
Skills of the Hardware Lab Monitoring Engineer:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience is required. 3 to 5 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent relevant field; or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, moderately complex technical tasks.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of other engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards.
- Successful candidates must meticulously follow procedure-oriented workflows to ensure proper failure documentation is recorded and corrective measures taken. Candidate must be able to properly communicate status, findings, issues and resolutions to members within and outside of direct team. Candidate will be responsible for identifying blocked issues and escalating them to the proper team and then tracking the status to its resolution.
- Basic networking skills including switching (e.g. Cisco, Brocade, Apcon), routing, sub-netting, and the following protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NIS (must have)
- Experience with programming (must have)
- OO a plus (desirable)
- Desirable experience with following programming languages: Python, Perl, TCL, Expect, Shell scripting.
- Experience working in large R&D information technology lab environments (must have)
- Familiarity with Rack/RU nomenclature, large scale power and inventory systems a plus.
- Experience with the following operating systems: Linux, Windows (must have)
- Experience and familiarity with data storage protocols NAS (NFS, CIFS) and SAN (FCP, iSCSI)
- Experience with NetApp products a plus.
The Hardware Lab Monitoring Engineer role is a 1-year contract opportunity with one of our clients in RTP, NC. Must have at least user experience with both Linux and Windows. The most important skills are networking, diagnosing problems, and being able to read programming languages. Target rate range is up to $39.86/hr. Local candidates strongly preferred. No sponsorship or C2C arrangements available.
Apply for this position now through CareerBuilder, or by sending a Word resume to Amanda King at aking AT hirenetworks.com. To help ensure a timely response, include the reference code CBAK-4430 in the subject heading of your email message.
When looking for a job, have you ever heard the phrase… it is not about what you know, it is who you know?
At HireNetworks, it really is all about who we
Whether your current contract is coming to a close, you’re looking to advance your career or are a company on the hunt for new talent and wanting to expand…let HireNetworks put our
networks to work for you.
HireNetworks is an equal opportunity employer.