Secure Designs, Inc. Job Description
Job Title: Firewall Technician
Department: NOC Operations
Reports To: NOC Operations Manager
The Firewall Technician procures and configures firewalls for order fulfillment, and coordinates installation of services. Interacts with customers and end users to provide assist with change requests, support questions, and to troubleshoot or upgrade services, via electronic and telephone communications.
- Provision firewall and configure according to customer orders, and fulfill orders for products and services.
- Work with customers or customer agents to turn-up new services and ensure customer needs are fulfilled.
- Maintain proficiency for technical responsibilities, through self directed training and training programs.
- Receive customer calls and web portal requests for changes, questions, upgrades and problems, to assist in timely resolution of all calls while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Confirm that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems.
- Escalate unresolved customer grievances to designated person for further investigation.
- Keep detailed records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Interact with customers via telephone, email or in person in order to provide information about products and services, and to obtain details of issues
- Contact customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investigation results and any planned adjustments.
- Improve overall customer relations through technical delivery and communications and other support skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must have a strong need to achieve and will be confidant, detail oriented, with an interest to proactively and reactively interface with partner and end user customers. He/she must take initiative working independently and as a part of a technical team and have the following skills/experience:
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience with TCP/IP network technologies.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field of study, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in the telecom industry a plus.
- Security vendor specific certifications and/or experience a plus
Additional Educational requirements
• Cisco CCNA certification or equivalent work experience
• Sonicwall Certification Earned within 6 months
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]