Gastroenterology Consultants, Ltd is recruiting for a Help Desk Technician
You are responsible for providing support to end users at all locations. Responsibilities for this position require an in depth understanding of Windows operating systems (XP and Windows 7), excellent desktop support troubleshooting skills, and a strong customer service focus.
- Serves as an overall IT department resource, including solving computer issues and making recommendations to enhance information systems and promote more efficient, cost-effective operations.
- Monitors hardware and software functionality and efficiency on a daily basis and helps ensure it remains in safe functioning condition.
- Provides technical assistance, support, and advice to end users for hardware, software, and other IT systems.
- Works to meet goals and objectives of department and company as a whole.
- Follows policies and procedures and provides services effectively and efficiently.
- 6. May act as liaison with outside vendors. Calls software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
- Develops and writes procedures for installation, use, and solving problems of company applications.
- May assist in installation of communications hardware/software to include: Smartphone devices, Bluetooth devices, VOIP phones as well as other wireless technologies
- Serves on IT support call rotation.
- Provides training for applications and systems used within the company.
- All other duties, as assigned by IT Director.
- High School Graduate or GED required
- In depth understanding of Windows Operating Systems (XP and Windows 7)
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday from 7 am to 5 pm
- Will be required routinely to work on call on weekends and evening hours
- Discretion and understanding of HIPAA compliance and PHI and other highly confidential business and finance information
GIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Information Technology, Health Care
At least 2 year(s)
Computer Hardware, Computer Software, Healthcare - Health Services
Up to 25%