San Luis Obispo - Lompoc region, California
Education and/or Experience:
Master’s Degree with a field trial component in either plant or soil sciences. Experience in field trials and communicating results to others in the company and outside of the company.
The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing a ground level research facility for conducting plant nutrition research for the company. The facility that the candidate will establish will need to consist of (a) greenhouse facilities, (b) a growth chamber, and (c) laboratory space. Choice of location, leasehold arrangements and actual set up of the site will be conducted under the direction of the successful candidate. Once the facility is established, the person holding this position will be primarily responsible for ground level research and development on new products and processes on high value horticultural crops, tree fruits and nuts and other crops as needed. This will require that the candidate generate novel relative testing and attribute testing of new product concepts as outlined by our business group. The position will also have involvement in troubleshooting product and process related issues to assure the overall quality of the end product.
- Search for a site that could be used as an R and D facility - with capacity for trialing in greenhouse, growth chambers and nearby crop research in-field.
- Arrange for these resources to be up and running in a timely fashion.
- Once established, develop protocols for trials that meet the strategic objectives of the company
- Execute trial programs in the field and in growth chamber/greenhouse
- Liaison with researchers, contractors or institutions as they execute portions of the program
- Oversee temporary staff (interns or summer students) as they work on trials
- Compile data and report internally
- Provide support to the Marketing Team on technical information
- Applicant must be willing to take communications training regarding presentations
Please see the requested questionnaire below and my attached resume in Microsoft word and return by email. Thanks in advance.
1. Current or last income? $
2. Minimum income and above? $
3. Reasons for changing jobs?
4. Locations desired (States and or Cities)?
5. The best number to contact you at during the day?
6. Email address?
7. Are you authorized to work in the US? (US Citizen, Perm Resident or Visa)
8. Explain in detail how you qualify for this position! (Please look at the required section in job description. This is the part that the client will decide who or whom they bring in for interviews.)
Please send your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]