Requirements of the Senior Revenue Accountant:
Education and Requirements of the Senior Revenue Accountant:
- Work closely with the Senior Manager and other Revenue Accounting Team members in the quote to cash cycle.
- Interact with senior finance and operational personnel and geographically dispersed groups in the performance of all functions as a subject matter expert of revenue accounting and reporting,
- Play a critical role in enhancing GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance by providing current technical accounting knowledge and GAAP interpretations to the corporation through the use of various media and methods:
- Participate in company-wide initiatives and training that impact revenue accounting processes and analysis
- Develop Policy Team solutions and processes to enhance proper compliance and best practices
- Assess corporate policy and process improvement and work with the finance and operations teams to implement recommendations
- Advise other company organizations (Sales, Marketing, Legal, Operations, Shipping etc.) regarding revenue recognition issues
- Ensure revenue accounting policies are documented and applied consistently on a worldwide basis
- Use public accounting experience in support of quarterly on-going audits and the monthly and quarterly revenue accounts closing process directly and indirectly through backup support for the Corporate Revenue Accounting Team
- Minimum three years of experience in public accounting and audit services (preferably high-tech client focus). Any additional private industry experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge and interest to focus and develop expertise on ASC 985-605 (formerly SOP 97-2), ASC 605-25 and all applicable revenue recognition GAAP guidance (FASBs, EITFs, SABs, TPAs etc.) is essential
- Desire to cross-train on various revenue accounting group functions and reporting tools to broaden individual skills and experience base
- Details and process oriented, strong influencing skills and motivation to follow issues to resolution is essential
- Self–starter who can work both independently and as a member of accounting policy and other cross-functional teams
- Strong and concise communication skills required to work with internal finance team (int’l and domestic) and other “customers" or partners within the company
- Ability to interface and work with a wide variety of individuals at all levels
- Experience with Oracle GL and reporting is a plus
- Advanced MS Excel and Power-point skills and experience with data reporting/mining tools highly preferred
- Desire and ability to operate in a fast paced, significant growth environment will be a key success factor
- BS/BA or MBA in Accounting
- CPA (or in process) preferred
The Senior Revenue Accountant role is a contract opportunity with one of our clients in Sunnyvale, CA. Target rate is up to $55.94/hr. Local candidates strongly preferred. No sponsorship or C2C arrangements available.
Apply for this position now through CareerBuilder, or by sending a Word resume to Amanda King at aking AT hirenetworks.com. To help ensure a timely response, include the reference code CBAK-4336 in the subject heading of your email message.
When looking for a job, have you ever heard the phrase… it is not about what you know, it is who you know?
At HireNetworks, it really is all about who we
Whether your current contract is coming to a close, you’re looking to advance your career or are a company on the hunt for new talent and wanting to expand…let HireNetworks put our
networks to work for you.
HireNetworks is an equal opportunity employer.