Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: One to three years of experience in an inbound customer service call center, preferably within the health care industry
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of insurance industry and billing procedures
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation for written and verbal correspondence
- Skill in using computer programs and applications
- Skill in conflict resolution
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at the same time
- Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instruction
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with patients, employees, and the public
- Able to listen, comprehend, and learn so as to become increasingly proficient in job functions
- Basic computing skills, including proficient use of MS Outlook, Excel, and Word, as examples
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to company and department values (e.g. integrity, accountability, collegiality, excellence, innovation)
- Demonstrate a strong customer orientation and focus
Work Environment: Work is performed in a temperature controlled, well-lighted office environment
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including computer, monitor, mouse, keyboard, fax machine, copier, printer, telephone, etc.
Physical Requirements: Job entails sitting approximately 90 percent of the day, walking or standing the remainder. Job does not involve lifting or carrying objects of more than 10 pounds, climbing, crawling, kneeling, squatting, bending, stooping, or any other physically strenuous motions or activities.
Mental Requirements: Concentration, comprehension, focus and attention to details
Full-Time Schedule Requirements: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Part-Time Schedule Requirements: 3-5 days per week during peak hours of 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.