Account Manager (please include a cover letter when applying)
WorldStrides is the largest and most trusted student travel organization in the nation. We have provided educational travel programs to over six million elementary, middle, high school, and university students since our inception in 1967. Each year, thousands of teachers and 300,000 students from all 50 states and several foreign countries travel with WorldStrides to destinations throughout the United States and more than 90 countries around world. Since our founding in 1967, over 4 million students have enjoyed our educational travel programs.
Our mission is “Enriching Students’ Lives through Experiential Travel.” We strive to achieve this by extending education into the worldwide classroom and providing unique opportunities for learning through seeing, experiencing, and interacting. We have more than 600 employees who are personally committed to providing safe, life-enriching experiences for your students. We strive to help teachers make an even greater impact on their students by educating and inspiring them in ways that textbooks alone cannot.
Our Account Managers work with our Program Leaders (teachers) to effectively coordinate the planning of group travel for our educational travel programs. The current open position will support our history programs. For more information on our programs, please see www.worldstrides.org. The key responsibilities of the role are to:
- Work with each Program Leader (from 60 to 80 accounts) to develop the trip itinerary and details.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service.
- Maintain a strong relationship with each Program Leader (teacher or school administrator) through consistent and meaningful contact.
- Work with other WorldStrides departments to provide a high level of customer service and unsurpassed tour product.
- Function as a contributing member of the account manager team through open exchanges, assisting other team members as needed, and by partnering with the Account Support Representative.
- Meet or exceed the goals to retain our existing customers and to maximize student group size.
- 3 years of proven excellence in a customer service or account management environment.
- Teaching or/and travel industry experience a plus.
- College degree preferred.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills, with a positive, solution-oriented attitude.
- Ability to balance customer service concerns with business considerations.
- Good verbal skills, clear and professional telephone demeanor.
- Basic computer skills.
To apply please click on the link below and also include a cover letter: