Orchard Place, an inpatient psychiatric treatment center for children and youth, has positions open for Treatment Counselors to work with residents ages 10-17 years. Treatment Counselors work with emotionally disturbed, abused and/or neglected children with the goal to transition children home, to foster care or independent living by providing a structured, nurturing environment including social, coping and leisure skills training. Southside Des Moines location.
Full time Treatment Counselors work a schedule of 4 days on and 3 days off. Scheduled work days are generally Sunday through Wednesday or Wednesday through Saturday. Work shifts are usually noon or 1 pm until 10 pm with longer shifts on the weekends.
The full time employee benefit package includes paid time off; paid holidays; health, dental and life insurance; and 401(k) retirement plan.
Professional Development Career Ladder offers opportunity for Treatment Counselors to receive periodic $.50 - $1.00 per hour pay rate increases and bonuses of $250 - $500 upon completion of steps of Career Ladder.
Great opportunity to start and grow your career!
The job duties are:
1. Maintaining a safe, structured and predictable living environment for the residents.
2. Participating as an active member of the treatment team; assisting in the development and implementation of Individual Care Plans.
3. Planning and facilitating social skills groups.
4. Acting as an advocate for the residents and families, developing a meaningful relationship with the residents and families.
5. Assisting in managing problem behaviors.