Senior Network Engineer
The Senior Network Engineer role is a direct hire opportunity with one of our clients in Charlotte, NC. Target salary range is up to $100,000, with flexibility. Local candidates strongly preferred but some relocation assistance will be provided for non-local people interested in moving to Charlotte. No sponsorship available.
As the Senior Network Engineer, you will be responsible for overseeing and/or participating in the design, integration, operation and management of complex enterprise network that will inter-network a variety of platforms, operating systems, network topologies and network protocols. You will also provide technical support by analyzing hardware and/or software data, identifying the root cause of the problem and implementing the appropriate solution. You will assist in the research, identification and deployment of solutions that meet business requirements for availability, reliability, scalability, performance, security and cost and that best leverages and integrates with the existing and planned IT infrastructure.
The Senior Network Engineer needs to possess an enterprise view and understanding of the systems and technologies in place. This person has moderate to high level of experience with multiple technical areas and is a subject matter expert (SME) in at least one networking area: routing, switching, wireless, firewall, load balancing or VPN.
Responsibilities of the Senior Network Engineer:
- Assign and complete IT Service Desk requests and communicates with the end user throughout the lifecycle of the request
- Troubleshoots high profile network performance issues utilizing root-cause analysis and recommends appropriate action
- Design, install and troubleshoot LAN/WAN/WLAN and IP- based routing and switching solutions
- Participate and or manage the investigation and evaluation of new technologies that may be appropriate via a structured process incorporating Architectural Review that includes needs assessment, alternatives evaluation and proof of concept
- Perform periodic reviews and identify potential reengineering / optimization efforts for in-place systems and technologies
- Create and maintain system and operating documentation
- Mentor and train junior level staff on the Network Support team
- Provide on-call technical support where necessary