Under the direction of the SITE Value Optimization System Leader, this position is responsible for supporting the LEAN transformation initiative by ensuring strategies are implemented and principles/practices are incorporated in the processes under transformation. This position implements and supports actions that bring about improvements which may include, but are not limited to quality, profitability, productivity, inventory and downtime.
1. To support the SITE VOS Leader and Site Steering Committee in implementing a vision that effects positive changes in patient care; includes:
* Implementing tactical strategies to achieve the desired vision,
* Executing against long and short-term objectives to support the value stream's goals,
* Working with site personnel to identify, address, and eliminate process related obstacles
* Assisting in the change of systems/processes as required in support of the LEAN initiatives.
2. To act as a change agent to bring about improvements in patient care processes through the active support of and participation in plant Rapid Improvement Events; includes:
* Supporting event planning and preparing necessary ,
* Participating in, co-facilitating or facilitating projects, events and do-it's,
* Participating in gemba walks and coaching employees,
* Providing necessary training specific to LEAN Transformation tools and methodology (under the guidance of the Site Leader or plant Coach),
* Following up on action plans and
* Assisting all teams as needed to ensure improvements are made and sustained.
3. To support the launch of all activities needed to incorporate LEAN Transformation into the site culture; includes:
* Assisting in identifying on-going training needs,
* Supporting communication of the direction of LEAN Transformation initiatives to all site employees.
4. To track all changes/improvements made to provide site-level Leadership/Management the assurance that changes are effective and lasting, includes:
* Examining and evaluating the areas after improvements are implemented,
* Posting/updating results to the Mission Control Center boards,
* Reviewing new procedures/controls and appraising the efficiency and effectiveness of operations, and working with Site SITE LEAN Leader, Department Managers and Supervisors to resolve any issues that might arise during implementation and/or maintenance phases.
5. Other duties as identified by the SITE LEAN Leader to further the site's LEAN initiative.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION/KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
* Must possess strong written and oral communication and presentation skills with the ability to speak and communicate effectively with various audiences at the site level.
* Ability to effectively facilitate a group's activities and discussions using a defined process.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations.
* Ability to write reports, general business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from associates, supervisors and managers at the site level
* Must be viewed credibly by peers and colleagues as either an informal leader or a positive influencer of change
* Must be a self-motivated learner
* Must possess a strong work ethic
* Ability to mentor team members and facilitate change from a position of Influencer
* Ability to recognize conflict and take appropriate action within scope of the role
* Ability to interpret manufacturing schematics and blueprints
* Ability to calculate percentages, area, circumference, and volume
* Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry
* Ability to define problem areas, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
* Ability to interpret a variety of technical procedures/processes and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
* Ability to prioritize and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced and changing work environment.
* Strong capability with personal computer applications ( Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio)
MSHA expects that every team member will role model Patient-Centered Care behaviors and be guided by MSHA's Values and the Principles of Patient-Centered Care. Every member of MSHA's leadership team is accountable for coaching and monitoring reporting team members to ensure that the standards and initiatives of Patient-Centered Care are a living reality in their work units / Departments.
It is vital that an individual in this position be capable of good communication skills. It is of the utmost importance that written communication is legible.
MSHA expects all team members to support the VOS initiative by demonstrating awareness of the VOS system and effectively applying it to his/her work.
Job duties of this position may require access to protected patient information (PHI). The team member will be accountable for appropriate use of the record and compliance with all confidentiality and security policy and procedures related to use, access, and disclosure of PHI.REPORTING RELATIONSHIP
This position reports to the Site Value Optimization Leader. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor of Science degree or related discipline required.
• Experience working in a world-class LEAN working environment highly preferred.
* Knowledge of basic LEAN Manufacturing concepts and continuous improvement based tools and techniques highly preferred.
* Certification from a recognized provider of LEAN Transformation training, desired.