Gate Gourmet, a gategroup member, is the world's largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for airlines and railroads. We serve more than 200 million meals a year to our 250-plus customers at more than 100 airport locations around the globe.
We are currently looking for a Galley Supervisor to join our team based in San Francisco CA. Reporting to the Operations Galley Manager within the Operations department; the Operation Galley Supervisor is responsible for Supervising employees in the dish/EPA, pre-load, liquor/beverage and transportation areas and ensures timely completion of all required activities in support of catering efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for leading and directing all dish room, liquor/beverage process employees.
• Ensures quality production standards are maintained for all accounts
• Maintains Company policies and procedures as well as specification books for airline customers and serve as a knowledgeable resource relative to those policies
• Prepares management reports (ex. attendance, HAACCP and labor) reports as required.
• Responsible for safety, quality and compliance with customer specifications and regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures.
• Ensures specifications, airline diagrams, and other standards are accurate according to the airline specifications.
• Ensures that all products are coded according to Gate Gourmet procedures.
• Conducts inventory of Gate Gourmet products and customer materials to ensure proper usage and minimization of waste.
• Completes required requisitions for the Storeroom to ensure adequate supply is maintained.
• Responsible for maintaining daily temperature logs and other logs and reports as required.
• Works with maintenance staff to ensure preventive maintenance of machinery according to schedules, reports maintenance and repair issues in timely manner.
• Controls food cost and other controllable costs
• Work with management staff to improve performance of the unit
• Trains and monitors employees on proper work procedures to ensure maximum productivity with minimum labor and food costs
• Responsible for performance evaluation, coaching, counseling and preparing corrective action for employees and liaises appropriately with HR and other support functions.
• Manages work flow balancing - - the division of responsibilities amongst employees on each shift
• Manages daily manpower planning including assignment of responsibilities and workstations.
• Determines when and whether to call employees in to cover staffing needs (ex. sick calls, vacation relief, medical leaves, volume changes, etc.)
• In conjunction with department leaders determines number of employees needed by shift
• Responsible for employee retention and monitors employee turnover.
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Associates degree or degree from a 4 year university or college preferred
• Minimum 2 years supervisory experience working in a high volume, manufacturing, food production, and/or restaurant /catering environment or equivalent experience in the related field is preferred.
• In-flight catering experience preferred
• Must have strong and effective leadership skills, and successfully supervise a staff of 20-30.
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks without losing priority.
• Candidate should be comfortable with all levels of employees and have the ability to drive positive program change.
• Able to work well with others.
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Basic computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.
• Possess strong organizational, analytical, communication and leadership skills.
• Must be innovative in making changes to the operation as needed to further improve the work environment and unit performance.
• Expresses oneself clearly and effectively when speaking and writing to individuals and groups; listening attentively and insuring communication is understood by all parties involved.
• Bi-lingual in English and Spanish, Chinese Mandarin, Vietnamese, Hindi or Polish a plus.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
• Ability to obtain ServSafe Certification required.
• ServSafe Certified preferred.
• Regularly, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts of 10+ hours
• In a normal production kitchen facility there may be physical discomfort due to temperature and noise
• Must be able to lift, push, pull and move product, equipment, supplies, etc., in excess of twenty-five (25) pounds
• A rotating schedule of over 55 hours per week is typical
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
• Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
• Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
• Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
• Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal check and/or airport fingerprinting.
Gate Gourmet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!