Posted Date: 3/14/2012
Percent Of Travel Required: 25%
We’re looking for people who are at the top of their game, embrace a fast-paced, high-energy work environment and want to be part of a world class team creating state-of-the-art robotic technologies.
Formed as a small start-up in 2007, Symbotic has quickly grown to become an industry-leading organization, with headquarters in Wilmington, Massachusetts and more than 100 employees.
In assembling our talented workforce, we’ve brought together some of the region and industry’s top intellectuals, engineers and other multifaceted professionals. Many of our employees are mechanical, electrical and software engineers, but we’re always on the lookout for talented professionals looking to join our team.
If you enjoy solving hard problems; if you want to be part of a world class team; if you enjoy a high energy, vibrant work environment – then we want to talk to you about a career with Symbotic.
Come join us.
Principal Software Engineer:
Symbotic currently has an opening for a Principal Software Engineer. The qualified candidates will play a hands-on role helping to bring our robotics solutions to our customers. This role will be responsible for designing and developing advanced planning and control software for fleets of mobile robots. The successful candidate will play a lead role in this effort and will also be responsible for mentoring junior team members. We are looking for people who thrive in a creative, collaborative and agile development environment.
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science in a related engineering discipline (ie. Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, etc.).
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience developing high performance software applications.
- The qualified candidate must have experience with Object Oriented design using C# and/or Java.
- Previous experience working in a lead capacity, supporting and providing guidance to peers and less experienced engineers.
- Previous experience designing and developing high performance applications.
- This person must be able to work in a fast paced environment and support unscheduled events.
- This person must be a self-starter and highly motivated.
- Qualified candidates should be comfortable working with research and development as well as engineering and production personnel.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.