1. Work under the direction of a Registered Nurse who develops the Care Plan that the CNA will follow.
2. CNA is supervised by RN in accordance with Federal and State Regulations and Company policy.
3. Provide assistance to patients with activities of daily living (ADL) to include but not limited to: dressing, undressing, bathing, eating, and toileting, in accordance with the Plan of Care.
4. Collect various body fluids/specimens as directed and documents findings if warranted.
5. May take vital signs as directed and report any changes to immediate supervisor in a timely fashion and document same in patient's record appropriately.
6. Assist nurse with any procedures as directed.
7. Document patient interactions as appropriate; immediately reports any changes in patient's behavior, vital signs or other critical changes.
8. May be responsible for assisting with household duties: taking out trash, changing bed linen, cooking, etc. as directed by the RN and documented on the care plan.
9. Maintain confidentiality regarding all aspects of patients and/or employee information in compliance with HIPAA Rules. Maintain compliance with applicable state and federal regulations, company policies/procedures and accreditation standards.
10. Other duties as assigned by management.