LAST UPDATED: Jul 30, 2014
Large Centrifugal pump manufacturing company seeks Machinist
• Writes programs using G code or with Smart Cam software for use with Centroid controls.
• Operates and maintains set ups on CNC lathes. Following predetermined procedures, positions work, checks machine operation, and then machines parts according to blueprints, drawings, and/or specifications. Replaces dull or broken tooling as required. Checks own work for conformance to specifications.
• Under minimal supervision, develops and maintains CNC machining processes for cast iron, steel and alloy pump parts.
1. Must be able to read, write and understand English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
2. Minimum of one (1) to two (2) years experience programming / operating CNC lathe machinery required.
3. Must be able to maintain set ups, understand CNC programming codes and be familiar with Smart CAM.
4. Must be able to change offsets, do adjustments and replace dull tools and/or inserts.
5. Must be able to use basic shop math such as calculations and conversion of fractions and use a wide variety of precision measuring instruments.
6. Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles and 6S is a plus.
• Writes programs for individual drawing / part numbers.• Administrates procedure to maintain program revision levels. • Performs machine set ups for individual program / part jobs. • Will be responsible for operating CNC lathes while maintaining set ups. • Positions work, checks machine operation and activates machine to produce quality parts according to blueprints, drawings and/or specifications. • Checks own work for conformance to specifications and obtains a first article. • Replace dull and/or broken cutters. • May operate one (1) or more machines. • Assists in development of standard work and estimation of cycle times. • Assists in troubleshooting process and machine issues.
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate job whether it is a temporary assignment or career position. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs with companies across the country in areas such as: manufacturing, distribution & logistics, call centers, hospitality, skilled trades, administrative & clerical, and retail. We provide associates working on temporary assignments with the opportunity to develop their careers through skills testing and training. Additionally, associates can earn benefits such as health insurance and 401(k). Whether you are trying to discover your work interests, find your first job, or take the next step in your career, Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.Advantage Resourcing offers a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits package and 401(k) plan. Advantage Resourcing is an equal opportunity employer.