SS&C Technologies is a global leader in providing essential electronic workflow solutions to business and professional customers. S&C provides value-added information, software tools and applications to more than 20 million users in the fields of law, tax, accounting, financial services, scientific research and healthcare.
We are adding a Technical Support Specialist to our team in Evansville, Indiana.
Seeking a professional client service oriented individual to oversee the day to day administration of the Asset Managers on the SS&C Technologies PORTIA outsourced services platform. This individual will provide technical support for the outsourced services team during one of three around the clock shifts, monitor client's nightly batch from inception through completion, communicate with clients, vendor/partners and staff regularly ensuring that all tasks and operations are performed on time and per schedule.
ESSENTIAL DAY-TO-DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Infrastructure and Support Duties:
1. Account management (Grant/modify user access)
2. Batch Cycles
a) PORTIA Batches
• Batch Tasks/Schemes
• Files Delivery/Handling
- Inbound i.e. CRD or Bloomberg data files
- Outbound i.e. reports, data extract
b) Batches for Stored Holdings/PORTIA Services
c) Batches for eReports
d) Client Maintenance Data
• Import Specs and Import files
• Error log files
e) Database/Apps servers maintenances
• DB index/re-org/statistics etc.
Technical Operational Support coverage 10:30pm CST – 7:30am CST
Education: Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in Accounting and / or Finance
Required Skills (must have), necessary industry experience and associated number of years of experience:
• 1-3 years financial services industry experience.
• Must be detail oriented with very strong organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently with little or no supervision.
• Must be willing to take initiative and employ good follow-through skills.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, set goals, and meet deadlines.
• Strong technical skills and ability to troubleshoot automated batch issues
• Database Administration and SQL Server experience a plus.
• PORTIA experience preferred.
• Familiarity with overnight batch processing is an asset.
• Prior database experience preferred.
EXCELLENT BENEFIT PACKAGE INCLUDING 401K and BONUS POTENTIAL
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.