LAST UPDATED: Jun 28, 2015
STOP AND READ THIS NOW!
TAKE THE NEXT STEP IN YOUR CAREER..
Are you ready to move to the next level in your logistic career?
LEAD WAREHOUSE WORKER
Lead will assist in planning, overseeing and participating in the warehouse operations and other activities of the facility; train and provide work direction to assigned personnel. This is a fast paced production/service facility that may require working in congestive and tight areas at times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Will perform manual duties in receiving, processing and issuing warehouse stock; assure stock is inspected.
• Facility is maintained in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
• Must be ready to supervise as well as preform manual labor in the loading and wrapping area.
• Receive, identify, mark and place materials sent to the warehouse according to
• Process requisitions for supplies; prepare various merchandise for delivery; assist with providing necessary security within the warehouse.
• Communicate with various personnel, departments, vendors and others to
provide and receive information, resolve questions and issues, and coordinate
• Maintain a variety of records, files and reports; maintain records of stock and order supplies as necessary.
• Operate a variety of warehouse equipment and vehicles; utilize a variety of hand
tools as required; arrange for the maintenance and repair of warehouse equipment as needed.
• Train, provide work direction and coordinate the schedules and activities of assigned personnel; assist in training workers in computer operations and filling,
shipping and stocking supplies.
• Operate a computer to process reports and forms, and maintain inventory of
warehouse materials as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Maintain regular attendance.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• Must be able to use a scanner
• Must of knowledge of modern warehousing and storekeeping procedures including shipping, receiving and issuing materials, proper and orderly storage, optimum space utilization and stock inventory procedures.
• Proper lifting techniques.
• Record-keeping techniques.
• Health and safety regulations.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Inventory methods and practices.
• Plan, oversee and participate in the warehouse operations and activities of the facility
• Receive, store, pick-up and distribute supplies, materials and equipment.
• Add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately.
• Operate a computer terminal.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Lift heavy objects.
• Maintain records, inventory and prepare reports.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Meet schedules and time lines.
• Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
• Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
• Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
• Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
• Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 50 pounds
• Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or G.E.D. Certificate and two years increasingly responsible experience in a warehouse facility.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Valid Louisiana Driver’s License