LAST UPDATED: Feb 12, 2016
OUTSTANDING MANUFACTURING COMPANY IN NEW ORLEANS IS SEEKING A MAINTENANCE MECHANIC TO JOIN THEIR TEAM!
Performs scheduled/unscheduled maintenance and installation tasks on the physical plant, equipment and machinery, according to standards. Position requires demonstration of competency for all on-the-job activities that may have a direct or indirect affect on product safety, legality and/or quality.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/MAJOR DUTIES
- Performs assigned preventive maintenance tasks.
- Performs scheduled maintenance on plant equipment and machinery.
- Responds to and corrects equipment stoppage/mechanical breakdown. Troubleshoots (when necessary). Repairs/replaces worn/defective parts, motors, control devices, etc.
- Operates machine shop equipment and makes required parts when necessary.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area.
- Practice and comply with all Company policies and procedures (EEO, Harassment, Safety, Sarbanes Oxley, etc.)
- Performance of other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/REQUIREMENTS
MOBILITY - Physically capable to rapid, unimpeded movement to all areas of plant. Able to climb fixed and portable ladders. Able to crawl under and climb onto machinery and equipment. Able to enter and exit confined spaces.
SENSORY - Ability to view product for proper size and color. Ability to distinguish color coded equipment. Vision enough to distinguish operating lights and panels on machinery and equipment. Must be able to hear and identify audible alarm systems. Must be able to hear and identify normal and abnormal equipment operating sounds.
COMMUNICATION - Speech and hearing abilities that allow the individual to communicate clearly and distinctly in English (in person and via telephone) and/or other language, if required. Ability to generate written communication. Ability to read and review written communication, blue prints, wiring diagrams, schematics, etc.
OTHER - Ability to read, comprehend and practice necessary safety procedures, signs, etc. Must have ability to wear/use approved applicable safety equipment, as needed.
One or more years experience as Production Operator or Technician and/or formal training or experience. Experience in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning; Welding, Electronics, Electrical repairs, Industrial Equipment installations, alignment, start-up repairs, etc.
Your Craft, Knowledge and Trade are appreciated with this Great N.O. Company!
Don't pass up this opportunity!
(Salary Depends on Experience)