LAST UPDATED: May 13, 2015
Advantage is currently hiring qualified CNC Machinist/Programmer for several of our clients. These are temporary positions and our client is looking for immediate hire.
• A CNC Programmer has to write CNC programs and necessary documents, or modify existing programs, that help to set up the machines.
• Has to study the drawings of different components that must be manufactured. Then he must decide the different tools and operations and the sequence in which they must be carried out, in a manner that utilizes efficient usage of resources.
• Is required to estimate the time needed to finish the job.
• Reviews three-dimensional CAD blueprints, and then translates them onto CAM. He may even run a simulation before the process begins.
• Can first ask for a sample; if it is satisfactory, can order mass production of the product.
• After programming, has to run a quality check and see that products are being manufactured smoothly and efficiently.
• Must coordinate with the different departments like Production, Engineering, and Quality to make sure that the procedure happens smoothly.
Requirements: The successful applicant will possess the following requirements (items are required unless noted otherwise):
- Ability to work temporary assignments
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning and organizing skills
- Communication skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Dependability and reliability
• One must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing Engineering or Design, or Mechanical Engineering. Additionally, he should also be having a work experience as a Machinist or its equivalent.
• Have a minimum of one year’s experience in the use of G-code and CNC programming systems. Should also be well-versed in the use of computers.
• Must know how to operate CAD and CAM software very well.
(Salary Depends on Experience)