You want to work in a hospital setting where you are valued and appreciated - where you receive respect from your superiors and co-workers as well as the patients you treat.
You want to be challenged by your job without being overwhelmed by it. You want to play an instrumental role in helping a patient recover, sometimes against strong odds, and go home. What you want is Kindred Healthcare.
Our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve. Join us!
In this integral role you will perform tests in all areas of the laboratory such as: chemistry, hematology, coagulation, urinalysis and immunohematology. Use optical, photometric, electronic and automated instrumentation. May participate in quality assurance, safety, infection control and disaster activities.
- Validate and report test results accurately and legibly
- Obtain and process blood and/or biological specimens from patient
- Calibrate, standardize and maintain instruments following established procedures; perform quality control to ensure proper functioning of instruments, reagents and procedures; recognize malfunction and out-of-control test results and take corrective action
- Prepare reagents, standards and controls according to prescribed procedure
- Check supply inventory, maintain and monitor cost-effective purchasing and inventory control to prevent interruption of service
- Adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and take corrective action
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling/processing, test analyses, report and maintain records of patient's test results; maintain records that demonstrate proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens
- Adhering to laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed