LAST UPDATED: Aug 15, 2014
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB Maintains mechanical performance for all plant equipment—including performing repairs, installations, operational inspections and participating in developing improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. • Performs repair-oriented activities on a daily basis, based upon immediate needs and maintenance scheduling.
• Performs various types of welding, burning, fabrication and repairs and improvements to equipment throughout the plant.
• Conducts preventive maintenance checks on all equipment.
• Performs mechanical repairs on all the process equipment and auxiliary equipment throughout the plant.
• Performs minor electrical repairs as needed.
• May perform minor carpentry work.
• Operates mobile equipment as required to perform maintenance work.
• Reports any problems or safety issues to appropriate personnel.
• May take a lead role in maintenance projects or oversee contract work.
• Participates in the continuous improvement of product and plant processes and performs other duties as required.