The Manager of Subsystem Architect group for Hardware Engineering at the BWI campus will be responsible for all the functional and technical aspects of the organization to provide the highest value engineering services and support to the business areas across the ES sector.
(1) Establishes the basic structure of a major subsystem assembly,
(2) Defines the essential core design features and elements
(3) Provides the solution framework for the design, development, and deployment of the subsystem(s) using Sector Model Based Engineering
(4) Serves as the interface between the system architecture and the behavior and non-functional constraints of the subsystem
(5) Implements the technical roadmap along which the subsystem must be able to evolve,
(6) Works to maintain the integrity of the subsystem vision and definition as it matures during detailed design, development, and deployment
(7) Direct support of major proposal and development efforts
(8) Governance of subsystem design, development and continued adaptation across program/project employment of the subsystem
(9) Technical leadership of the subsystem design, development, and deployment to include allocation of functional budgets between hardware and software disciplines
(10) Principal investigator for technology insertion (using the Product Technologists as advisors) into the subsystem
(11) General administration for department and direct staff to include, establishing and managing departmental budgets, staffing, as well as recruiting and hiring, workload forecast, merit plans, promotions, training, mentoring, communications, time record approvals, performance evaluations, award submittals, facility, tools and equipment and process compliance.