O’Brien & Gere is currently seeking a senior-level Engineer or Scientist to manage and support Site Investigation and Remediation Projects from our Albany, New York office. Successful candidates will specifically apply advanced technical skills and experience to provide task and project management of site investigation and remediation projects, including soil/groundwater investigations, remediation system designs, and remediation system operation and maintenance. This candidate will be responsible for duties that include some or all of the following, depending on the training/experience of the candidate:
• Works with an established team of scientists, engineers and project managers for the investigation and remediation of soil and groundwater at active and former manufacturing sites and CERCLA/Superfund Sites; work with USEPA, NYSDEC and other state agencies.
• Plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates phases of field and office work as a part of major projects or as a total project of moderate scope.
• Develops clear, concise scopes of work, project team assignments, budgets, and schedules for execution of tasks.
• Leads or assists in the preparation of various technical reports.
• Assumes responsibility for the preparation and administration of budget and schedule for each task under his or her supervision.
• Directs and supervises project team and coordinates assignments and schedules for work, including overall leadership of multi-disciplined teams and working with technical staff to develop solutions to address the client’s needs.
• Obtains and oversees subcontractors (drillers, laboratories and specialty services).
• Possesses the technical experience required in all aspects of site characterization and remediation of impacted media.
• Evaluates Monitored Natural Attenuation (MNA) remedies, including the review and interpretation of site data and geochemical analyses.
• Assists in screening of site investigation and remediation technologies in unconsolidated and fractured bedrock settings and develop investigation and monitoring work plans, including quality assurance project plans.
• Possesses solid working knowledge and experience with the discrete fracture network approach for characterization of contaminated bedrock sites, a plus.
• Possesses solid working knowledge and experience with in-situ groundwater and source area remediation systems using in-situ bioremediation, chemical oxidation / reduction, thermal treatment and/or other in situ technologies, a plus.
• Provides detailed checking of completed work products and deliverables for accuracy and completeness.
• Acts as a leader in implementing and promoting health and safety requirements and guidance.
• Supervises and mentors junior level staff in field activities, data interpretation, and report preparation.
• Gains continued knowledge through participation in technical societies, professional associations and attendance at internal and external training programs, to a degree consistent with individual and divisional goals.