Project Ecologist - Natural Gas - Pittsburgh, PA or East Windsor, New Jersey
Woodard & Curran is an 800-person, integrated engineering, science, and operations company. Privately held and steadily growing, we serve public and private clients nationwide. aWe consistently rank among the top firms in the U.S., including Engineering News-Record's top 100 environmental firms and top 200 design firms. Woodard & Curran was founded with a simple business concept: if we provide an enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, we will attract talented people who thrive and excel at their work. Responsibilities:
We are seeking an environmental scientist, soil scientist, wildlife biologist or ecologist who can be part of an Ecological/Regulatory team to provide consulting on a wide variety of projects throughout the State of New Jersey, Pennsylvania & New York. The successful candidate will be responsible for field work, permit applications, coordination with agencies and clients.
Report writing, good communication skills, participation in meetings, and interaction with project staff, clients, and contractors will also play an important role in the candidate's success. Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Soil Science, wildlife management or related discipline.
* Knowledge of State of New Jersey, and US Army Corps of Engineers regulatory programs required, knowledge of Pennsylvania, New York regulations a plus.
* Field experience identifying regulated wetlands and waterways required.
* 3-8 years of experience with environmental projects.
* Master's degree preferred.
* Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office and ARC GIS.
* Excellent technical writing and communication skills.
* OSHA 40-hour Hazwoper certification preferred.
* Ability to work long hours in a variety of weather conditions.
* Ability to traverse project corridors and sites and carry equipment (up to 40 lbs).
* Willingness to travel as project requires.
* Working outside of normal business hours may be required.
Woodard & Curran is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Woodard & Curran is a Drug Free Work Place.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.