Responsible for the preparation of cold foods including, but not limited to salads, dressings, sauces, sandwiches, cold plates, and meats for the cafeteria, tray line, and catering.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepares breakfast, lunch , and dinner pantry food ensuring that there are no run outs and overages are kept to a minimum
2. Makes all salads, dressings, sauces, sandwiches, and other preparations as necessary to complete the job.
3. Assist with Room Service and cafeteria food requirements.
4. Ensures that all plate and tray arrangements are attractive and wholesome.
5. Maintains work area in a clean and organized fashion, including refrigerators in the pantry.
6. Prepares nourishments and other cold food as requested.
7. Properly date, label, and cover all foods to be stored in refrigerators or dry storage.
8. Follows appropriate recipes.
9. Uses proper lifting and transfer techniques.
10. Follows modified diets and special menus as required.
11. Responsible for proper food rotation using the first in first out (FIFO) method.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
13. Demonstrates effective communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively, asking pertinent questions, etc.
14. Communicates effectively with hospital departments and staff, both orally and in writing, can read and understand written material.
15. Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with patients, staff, and others using a humanistic attitude (anticipates needs, respectful, caring, courteous)
16. Teamwork: Interacts with fellow workers in a way that promotes a harmonious and cooperative working environment.
17. Follows all HACCP guidelines as it relates to temperatures, sanitation, labeling, and dating.
18. Utilizes weigh scales to monitor over production.
19. Employee's conduct must reflect the Company's values and a commitment to the Code of Conduct ethics and compliance program.
20. Other duties as assigned.