American Resource Staffing is currently seeking a Quality Assurance Technician for their food manufacturing client in New Bedford, MA. The QA Technician will be responsible for the collection, inspection, and evaluation of incoming and finished product in accordance with our USDC HACCP Program. Reports promptly to appropriate authorities any substandard products or conditions so as to be in compliance with company and government standards and specifications.
This is a 2nd shift position.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Collect and evaluate incoming and/or finished product samples in accordance with established U.S.D.C. and company procedures. Following inspection, accurately record test results.
- Assure all products are manufactured to customer/company specifications (correct ingredients, codes, etc.).
- Report promptly to the appropriate authority and the Quality Assurance supervisor any substandard or non-complying practices or conditions. Shall place questionable items on hold until final dispositions are received.
- Monitor sanitation throughout the plant to ensure compliance with FDA “Good Manufacturing Practices" regulations. Notify appropriate personnel for correction of deficiencies. Record deficiencies and corrective action taken on daily sanitation report.
- Carry out “Pest Control" once a week, and record the results of the audit in the “Pest Control Log".
- Calibrate all scales used in Production and in the Finished Product Lab. once a week, and record the calibration results in the “Scales Calibration Log".
- Calibrate all thermometers used by Production, QA, and Shipping/ Receiving, and record the calibration results in the “Thermometer Calibration Log".
- Verify and record that metal detectors are functioning properly throughout the production shift using standard metal particles. Notify appropriate personnel for corrective actions when necessary in order to be in compliance w/ HACCP Program.
- Collect samples to be sent out for analysis (microbial, nutritional, etc.).
- Accurately record lot messages onto computer hold message report.
- Maintain laboratory equipment including cleaning and filling the fryer.
- Sample packing & maintenance of sample storage area.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the QA supervisor, including but not limited to inspection of raw materials.
Education and Experience Required:
¨ High School Graduate and some additional professional education, and/ or related experience.
¨ Formal training in “HACCP-philosophy". This training will be completed one year after employment at the latest.
¨ Recent experience in the quality department in a food manufacturing facility