IDEA Recruit is one of the leading staffing agencies in the Healthcare and Diagnostics Laboratory Industry in the United States. Our company has well over 15 years of professional experience in identifying and placing qualified and licensed Clinical Lab Scientists as s Generalist or specialized positions such as Microbiology, Blood Bank, Chemistry, Hematology and Molecular. We have successfully serviced over 250 healthcare facilities nationwide from Hospitals, Reference Labs and Research Facilities. For a listing of our current positions, click our CareerLAB or visit www.idearecruit.com.
BLOOD BANK SUPERVISOR
LOS ANGELES, CA
CA CLS LICENSE REQUIRED
SBB LICENSE PREFERRED
$45/HR - $55/HR
ABOUT OUR LABORATORY
The moment you walk through our doors, you’ll notice a difference. OUR CLIENT is dedicated to providing comprehensive, excellent healthcare that is compassionate and attentive to the whole person, but we also believe strongly in creating a professional, respectful work environment for all our associates. It’s a difference you will notice right away.
Within our family-like environment, each associate is treated with compassion and respect and is recognized for the work they do. In fact, each month, we honor one special associate who demonstrates the Values with a Spirit Award. In addition, our Associate Activity Committee, comprised of associates from a variety of departments, coordinates events throughout the year that celebrate valued associates.
Whether you’re a seasoned healthcare executive, a new grad, a student or even a practitioner re-entering the workforce, we have the tools, training and support to help you become one of the best in your field.
OUR CLIENT works continually to provide the safest and highest quality care to our patients, their families, and our community in a manner consistent with our Values: Compassion, Respect, Simplicity, Advocacy and Inventiveness to Infinity. Our care plans and processes are built on evidence-based practices, and we hold ourselves to the highest standards.
We seek to provide care that is safe, patient centered, effective, timely, efficient, and equitable. We measure our performance through a number of clinical process and outcome indicators and benchmark our performance against top performing medical centers within California and across the nation.
Provides administrative supervision and technical support of the Blood Bank Section of the Laboratory. Manages the use of necessary resources and is accountable for the day to day operation. Must share responsibility with other section supervisors for direct supervision of Specimen Processing personnel. Assesses routine laboratory operations and initiates appropriate corrective action in order to maintain and improve laboratory services and patient car.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Functions as the administrative supervisor of multiple shifts or multiple laboratory sections. Also functions as a technical and/or general supervisor as defined in the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988. Supervises lead medtech, medical technologists, phlebotomists, lab assistants, clerks and non- licensed personnel.
- Performs an appropriate level of bench work based on immediate patient needs and available resources
- Manages the daily scheduling of employees
- Evaluates employee performance and provides counseling and disciplinary action when necessary
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Promotes communication and teamwork between hospital and the laboratory departments, as well as, within the laboratory sections.
- Safety Assures personnel compliance with safety standards and infection control policies
- Quality Improvement Program
- Actively participates in the intra and inter departmental quality improvement and quality assurance processes
- Adheres to the CORE Values Adheres to Hospital/Departmental Policies Assures department’s compliance with all hospital and laboratory policies and procedures.