We are currently accepting applications for an Information Technology Manager to plan, direct, oversee, and manage the activities and operations of the Technology Services Division of the County Administrative Office, including establishing and maintaining an information technology strategic plan for the County involving all computing, data, software, systems operations, and data communications; coordinates assigned activities with other departments and outside agencies; provides highly responsible and complex administrative support to the County Administrative Officer; and performs related duties as required. Distiguishing Characteristics
This single position classification controls the overall operation of the County’s centralized/de-centralized information services. Example of Duties
• Manages and directs the day-to-day operations of the Technology Services Division.
• Manages services and activities on a County-wide basis including establishing and maintaining the information technology strategic plan for the County involving all computing, data, software, voice/data communications, and systems operations components of the plan and establishes supporting standards arid policies to assure system compliance.
• Recommends the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and priorities for each assigned service area.
• Manages the integration and coordination of County information systems.
• Recommends appropriate service and staffing levels.
• Serves as an advisor for the County information systems business and technology issues.
• Selects, trains, motivates and evaluates division personnel and provides or coordinates staff training.
• Works with employees to correct deficiencies and implements necessary disciplinary action.
• Oversees and participates in the development and administration of the division budget.
• Represents the Technology Services Division to other departments, and through the County Administrative Office, elected officials and outside agencies.
• Participates on a variety of boards, commissions, and committees. Application and Screening Process
Interested individuals must submit the following:
• Calaveras County Application
• Current Resume
• Cover Letter
Applications materials will be reviewed to evaluate the specific qualifications of each applicant and determine which will continue in the screening process. Incomplete applications and paperwork will be screened out of the process.
Those candidates identified as having qualifications best suited for the position will be invited to participate in the interview process. Final Filing Date: Tuesday, April 8, 2014 by 5:00 p.m.
The County application can be obtained at: www.co.calaveras.ca.us/cc/Departments/HumanResources/EmploymentApplicationInstructions.aspx
County of Calaveras
Human Resources & Risk Management
891 Mountain Ranch Road
San Andreas, CA 95249CALAVERAS COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER