Sign in
CareerBuilder Menu Search Search
Find Jobs | Post Resume | my careerbuilder | Help
Senior Accountant
21 Applications Submitted for this Position

Job Description


Growing $1.5B software / ecommerce company has an opening for a Senior Accountant.

Position is an addition to staff. Position is unique in that there is a real mix of accounting and finance duties and offers a good work/life balance.

Company prefers candidates local to the Southern California area and at least 3 years experience preferable with a background in public accounting.



  • Two plus busy seasons in public accounting and/or three plus years of private industry experience from a company with at least $500M in revenues
  • CPA a plus, not required
  • Someone who wants a good work life balance, doing accounting and finance work in a $1.5B profitable company.
  • The position has heavy interaction with executives, so the right candidate will be polished, confident , and be a strong communicator.


This position will perform a dual role which will require 70% of their time working with the Global Consolidations and Reporting Team and the other 30% of their time working with the Corporate Finance Team.

The Global Consolidations and Reporting responsibilities include the following: 

• Facilitate the monthly reporting process for the North American Regions which includes serving as main contact during close; generating all monthly consolidation entries required for the region
• Review and analyze monthly results (Balance Sheet, P&L and Cash Flow) against plan/forecast and prior years
• Analyze the Global Property, Plant & Equipment Roll forward and follow up with the regions on unusual items
• Analyze the monthly Global Balance Sheet and consolidate regional change explanations
• Assist in the monthly reporting of Global Results and the preparation of financial data and analysis for quarterly earnings release purposes
• Adhoc financial projects

The Corporate Finance responsibilities include the following:

 • Communicate with Executive Management in understanding variances, preparing well-supported forecasts and using forecasting software
• Develop concise explanations of underlying reasons of significant variances and emerging trends
• Manage forecast process, with regards to headcount, expenses, capex and balance sheet for supported cost centers
• Month-end journal entries for supported cost centers; reconciliation and analysis of key balance sheet and income statement accounts
• Develop and maintain desk procedures manual as processes change





Job Requirements




Qualified candidates will have a minimum of a bachelors degree in a related discipline (finance, accounting, economics)  along with a minimum of 3 years experience.

Job Snapshot

Base Pay $65,000.00 - $85,000.00 /Year
Employment Type Full-Time
Job Type Accounting
Education Not Specified
Experience At least 3 year(s)
Manages Others No
Bonus Pay $5,000.00
Industry Computer Software, Internet - ECommerce
Required Travel Not Specified
CareerBuilder Tip:
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.

By applying to a job using you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.

Senior Accountant

Enter notes about this job: