Information Security Requirements of the SQL DBA:
Desired Qualifications of the SQL DBA:
- Define and advise on opportunities for improvement on SQL Server security
- Monitor subject matter expert Internet sites relating to SQL server security vulnerability and good practices
- Identify and enforce least privileges methodology to SQL servers and databases
- Identify and enforce enhanced logging and relevant security controls within Microsoft SQL Server
- Review system and Microsoft SQL logs for unexpected entries and audit logging
- Maintain user access administration and auditing
- Comply with access control requirements and ensure that change control and line management are aware of changes that may impact sensitive information
- Monitor system availability and activity where applicable
- At least 5 years’ experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2000-2012
- Demonstrated experience with T-SQL and SQL coding
- Expertise with SSIS package construction, deployment, management
- Ability to discuss and apply security related initiatives
- Exposure to and knowledge of operational processes
- Understanding of the concepts of structured data storage and retrieval
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks appropriately
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with MS SQL clustering including installation
This role will involve security screening for regulatory compliance purposes including a background check. A skills test will also be performed as part of the selection process.
Apply for this position now through CareerBuilder, or by sending a Word resume to Rachel Rose at rrose AT hirenetworks.com. To help ensure a timely response, include the reference code CBRR-4824 in the subject heading of your email message.
When looking for a job, have you ever heard the phrase… it is not about what you know, it is who you know?
At HireNetworks, it really is all about who we
Whether your current contract is coming to a close, you’re looking to advance your career or are a company on the hunt for new talent and wanting to expand…let HireNetworks put our
networks to work for you.
HireNetworks is an equal opportunity employer.