Quality Assurance Engineer/QA Analyst responsible for overseeing all software testing including functional, regression and system testing of projects, bugs, enhancements, and hot fixes. This individual will independently prepare test plans, test cases, review testing checklists and troubleshoot production issues. Quality Assurance analyst must be familiar with the production systems, troubleshooting, and ensure adequate testing of internal products as well as testing third-party software and/or services to ensure that company standards and end-user requirements are met. The Quality Assurance will document all problems and work to resolve them; report progress on problem resolution to management. The QA Analyst must communicate proactively and effectively with team members, team leads, project managers, software developers, user personnel, and management on issues. In addition, the QA engineer will have experience some kind of automated testing tool such as Quality Test Pro (QTP), Selenium, Quality Center, Watir, or similar tool.
• Test projects in accordance with written business and functional design documentation following established standards to ensure quality assurance.
• Functional testing of assigned bugs, enhancements and hot fixes.
• Utilize QTP for automated testing scripts
• Perform assigned portion of system testing for each release.
• Coordinate the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with the Business Owners and their UAT-responsible personnel.
• Provide ownership and accountability for assigned testing, keeping supervisor aware of progress and risk associated with milestones
• Ensure satisfactory service with customers at all levels (Business Analyst, Developers, and Business Owners).
• Plan and prioritize tasks to meet overall objectives.
• Develop, maintain and execute test cases, ensuring the quality and stability of the system throughout the project.
• Identify software defects and manage their lifecycle using existing defect management tool to ensure quality assurance.
• Ensure that defects in the software products have been corrected and document results of tests.
• Qualified candidates will have previous working experience with software release cycles and have a basic understanding of software testing methodologies and quality assurance.
• Must be able to work well in a team environment.
• Resourceful, Self-starter, Flexible, Pro-active, Customer-Oriented.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to document technical processes to maximize reader comprehension
• Ability to balance high quality standards with schedule pressures.
• Ability to stay flexible and solution-oriented.
• Must be passionate about finding bugs and contributing to software quality.
• Experienced in producing high quality software in a demanding environment.