Concentric Healthcare Solutions is a leader in the healthcare recruiting and staffing industry, specializing in healthcare employment with an emphasis in Nursing, Radiology, Administrative, Pharmacy and Physician Staffing. Concentric exhibits a passion for partnering with our clients to become an integral part of their staffing solution.
Concentric Healthcare Solutions is currently looking for School Psychologists for placements within Phoenix and Tucson, AZ.
If you are seeking a new opportunity within Psychology, this opportunity is for you!
SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGIST JOB DESCRIPTION
The School Psychologist provides a full range of school psychological services to children ages 0-21, including screening assessment, designing remedial educational programs, individual and group counseling with school staff, parents, and outside agencies as appropriate. Functions as a member of the multi-disciplinary team to determine the student’s eligibility for special services, appropriate programming, and on-going progress.
• Provide individual and group services to children and/or parents that emphasize improved educational performance and/or conduct.
• Screen and evaluate referred children including selecting appropriate instruments, administering tests, observations, and writing reports which state the evaluation findings and provide for educational program recommendations.
• Participate as a member of the multi-disciplinary team and the individualized educational program (IEP) committee contributing evaluation findings and collaborating on the child’s educational plan.
• Provide collaborative consultation and documentation of results including assisting basic education staff with suggestions and implementation of RTI, pre-referral intervention strategies, and providing recommendations and modifications to assist basic education staff in working with special education students in the classroom setting.
• Consult with parents, teachers, and other appropriate staff regarding the child’s program and any adaptations/materials needed to facilitate improved performance in the classroom or at home.
• Provide direct services through a variety of methods (e.g. classroom presentations, co-teaching in general education settings, in-services to staff/parents, etc.) as needed.
• Maintain appropriate data on students to document current levels of performance and other pertinent information. Re-evaluate, as appropriate, to determine extent of progress and effectiveness of therapy.
• Establish and monitor the necessary caseloads, procedures and resources to manage school psychologist services to students/staff and work cooperatively to accomplish the goals of the IEP.
• Adhere to ethical standards and codes of the profession and to the established rules, regulations, and laws governing special education programs. Participate in activities that promote professional development and use clinical/educational research to enhance therapy services.
• Supports and implements District policies, regulations, procedures, and administrative directives; demonstrates loyalty to the District and other administrators. Supports and follows the policies and procedures of the school districts served.
• Submits records, reports and assignments promptly and efficiently.
• Deals with obstacles and constraints positively.
• Demonstrates ability to adjust to and use new approaches in the performance of his/her duties.
• Seeks and takes advantage of our opportunities for professional growth.
• Maintains dress and appearance appropriate to a professional office setting.