To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The successful candidate will have the willingness and ability to travel throughout the market, the affiliate and to the national center as needed; to work evenings and weekends as needed around event schedules; hold a valid driver's license, proof of at least minimum state required automobile liability insurance; ability to plan and conduct meetings; the ability to use Microsoft products, computer software, run reports and maintain accurate data.
In addition, candidates must have the knowledge and demonstrated ability to successfully identify, cultivate, recruit, and maintain relationships with top level volunteers from identified companies; proven ability to understand and navigate corporate cultures to achieve goals; the ability to pass a satisfactory background check including motor vehicle and criminal history; the ability to close face to face sales and sponsorships; the ability to show proven success with achieving sales/fundraising goals.
- Possess strong selling and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated skills in fundraising or successful outside sales
- Demonstrated skills in written and oral communication at all organizational levels.
- Strong volunteer recruitment and management skills, demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service and motivation to business and social leaders.
- Excellent planning, organizational and follow-up skills
- Strong computer skills, proficient with MS Office suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferred. College coursework combined with related experience may be substituted for a degree. Related experience may be substituted as follows: 1 ½ years’ experience equates to 1 full time year of higher education.
- Must have at least two years of experience in fundraising, outside sales or in a non-profit organization in a similar capacity. This experience may also count towards satisfying this position’s educational requirement.
Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, in a diverse and inclusive environment in which to learn and grow. And we do.
No hard copy or emailed resumes accepted. No phone calls please.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled