Technical Sales Engineer
LOCATION: Midwest US
DIVISION: Plant Nutrition
Education and/or Experience:
A university or technical school diploma is required. An engineering or agricultural degree is preferred. Must have five years of work experience in technical support/customer service in the agribusiness or manufacturing/processing industry. A mechanical aptitude is required. A background with bulk handling equipment is a strong asset.
Summary: The person in this position will work out of their home and is responsible for helping to drive sales by ensuring dealer locations are efficiently and safely handling products and that sales staff are knowledgeable and confident to support customers with technical questions and needs. This individual will develop equipment and process solutions to meet the needs of various operations and lead the implementation of the solution.
- Responsible for a sales region to ensure efficient and effective product application and help drive sales with existing and new customers.
- Works closely with Regional Directors and Sales Managers to ensure that smooth product application is a driver of sales.
- Train dealers and sales staff on product application issues including dry fertilizer coating, plus foliar and liquid fertilizer applications.
- Proactively visit key accounts to identify opportunities for business growth via improved application equipment or improvements to existing procedures. This entails assessing the operation, developing a solution, costing out the capital requirements, and leading the implementation of approved projects.
- Responsible to ensure new equipment is set up correctly at dealer locations and to ensure new customers are effective and efficient in handling products.
- Responsible to resolve dealers or farmer technical issues – identify the root cause of problems, research and develop the optimal method for addressing unique issues, provide solutions to the dealer, and communicate solutions to the sales team.
- Update dealer product handling protocols to ensure they are clear and effective.
- Work with the marketing group on positioning of technical solutions.
- Attend dealer-oriented trade shows.
- Understand on-farm technical issues and train dealers to properly respond to issues that may arise.
- Collaborate with equipment manufacturers to develop improved handling solutions.
- Assist with the development and roll out of new application technologies, including: identifying and recommending potential solutions, interfacing with equipment manufacturers, research, testing and documenting performance of new equipment and following up on installations of new equipment at dealer locations, and verifying and improving processes.
- Travel requirement about 50%.
Please see the requested questionnaire below and my attached resume in Microsoft word and return by email. Thanks in advance.
1. Current or last income? $
2. Minimum income and above? $
3. Reasons for changing jobs?
4. Locations desired (States and or Cities)?
5. The best number to contact you at during the day?
6. Email address?
7. Are you authorized to work in the US? (US Citizen, Perm Resident or Visa)
8. Explain in detail how you qualify for this position! (Please look at the required section in job description. This is the part that the client will decide who or whom they bring in for interviews.)