Certified Nursing Assistant/CNA/Home Health Aide
Certified Nursing Assistant / CNA/Home Health Aide
JOB SUMMARY ****Care is provided throughout the Greater Scottsdale area****
Our Caregivers are a member of the home care team who work under the supervision of a registered nurse and performs various personal care and homemaking services as necessary to meet the client’s needs. Our caregivers are responsible for observing clients, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide client care as directed by the Director of Nursing or registered nurse supervisor.
- CNA's to provide personal care including:
- Grooming, including oral care
- Assist the client with dressing and undressing
- Assist the client with toileting activities
- Assist in feeding the client, if necessary
- Take and record vital signs (temperature, pulse, respirations and blood pressure)
- Measure and record height and weight, if necessary.
- Support good skin care to prevent skin breakdown (i.e. turn and reposition client, actively encourage movement)
- Assist client with active and passive range of motions as defined by the plan of care
- Provide client with help walking and transferring
- Measure and document intake and output, if necessary
- All caregivers to assist with the following:
- Perform light housekeeping
- Perform meal preparation and clean up
- Change bed linens and make up the client’s bed
- Maintain an orderly client environment.
- Follow principles of infection control and Universal Precautions.
- Identifies and participates in performance improvement activities.
- Provide transport to doctor appointments, outside activities and shopping.
- Assist client in the self-administration of medication (medication reminder)
- Observe client’s physical, mental and emotional conditions
- Report any change to the Director of Nursing or nursing supervisor
- Participates in client teaching according to the client’s plan of care.
- Assist in providing a safe environment and promote quality patient care through adherence to established policies, procedures and standards
- Complete professional and thorough documentation
- Ensure client’s rights are adhered to
- Respond rapidly and appropriately in an emergency situation
- Use equipment properly and in a safe manner
Certified Nursing Assistant / CNA/Home Health Aide
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED
- Successful completion of a nursing assistant program, and Certification as a CNA for CNA position. (Not required for caregiver position).
- Minimum of one (1) year of documented experience required.
- Certified in CPR
- Negative TB skin test or chest x-ray
- Licensed driver with automobile that is insured in accordance with the organizations requirements.
- Self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision
- Empathy for the needs of the client
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to express spoken and/or written ideas in English
- Treats clients, staff and the public with courtesy, respect and presents appositive public image.
- Works as a cooperative and proactive team member
- Ensures confidentiality and security of the client’s medical information.
CareerBuilder Related Keywords: CNA, C.N.A., Certified Nursing Assistant, R.N., RN, registered nurse, nursing, ER, emergency room, licensed practical nurse, medical, surgical, obstetrics, operating, pediatrics, intensive care unit, LPN, L.P.N., ICU, I.C.U., E.R., home care, homecare, home health, hospice
| Employment Type:
| Base Pay:
| Other Pay:
||competitive hourly wages based on level of certification
||Healthcare - Health Services
||At least 1 year(s)
| Manages Others:
| Required Travel:
| Job ID:
We know why you became a care professional. You wanted to make a difference in peoples’ lives, and you wanted a career that offered more. At BrightStar Care, we become part of our clients’ lives. We provide the highest quality care to people when they are most vulnerable and need our help. That’s why our people are our greatest asset. Every BrightStar employee is here because, to them, caring is more than just a job – it’s a way of life.
For each employee, from RNs and CNAs to LPNs, home health aides, caregivers and other care professionals, we are dedicated to providing opportunity for more – more flexibility, more security, more success. If you're looking for more out of your career, your journey begins here in BrightStar’s Career Center. Healthcare is not simply a career, it’s a calling. We’ll be here when you’re ready to answer it.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.