Want to be psyched about where you work??
Potbelly Sandwich Shop is looking for friendly and outgoing hourly Shift Leaders--who enjoy working in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
The Shift Leader role is the first step along the Potbelly Management Career Path. You will learn the basics of running a profitable business, you’ll manage shifts on your own, you will train and develop Hourly Associates and you’ll uphold Potbelly’s high standards for customer service, product quality and consistency and store cleanliness.
As a Shift Leader, you may be eligible for benefits, you get to work with really cool people, and you get crazy deals on delicious Potbelly food!
What is Potbelly, you ask?
Potbelly Sandwich Works is your neighborhood sandwich shop that offers an eclectic, homey environment with live music. What could be better than working in a friendly atmosphere, listening to live music, chatting with cool customers all day long, and getting crazy deals on the best sandwiches in town?
Top Five Reasons to Become a Shift Leader with Potbelly:
5. Benefits and Bonus! Did you know that full-time Shift Leaders are eligible* for a bunch of great benefits? Medical, Dental, Vision, Domestic Partner Benefits, Short- and Long-Term Disability….shall I go on? Okay then, Life Insurance, Matching 401K, Paid Vacation and Personal Days, Employee Assistance Program….sound good? Oh, and full-time employees are eligible to participate in the store’s bonus program too! Pretty cool!
4. Schedule Flexibility. Going to college and need certain days off for classes? Have a certain day of the week that you need to keep open? As a Shift Leader, you will have that flexibility to create a schedule that works around your life outside of work. Nice!
3. Career Advancement. Like the idea of moving up the company ladder, so to speak? The Shift Leader role is the first step along the Potbelly Management Career Path. You will learn the basics of running a profitable business, you’ll manage shifts on your own, you will train and develop Hourly Associates and you’ll uphold Potbelly’s high standards for customer service, product quality and consistency and store cleanliness. Do you need prior restaurant experience to do this? Not at all! If you are open to learning and have a great attitude, then we can teach you. Once you’ve mastered these areas, you are ready to move on to Management!
2. Quality of Life. How would you like to work in an environment that is filled with natural wood tables and chairs, tin ceilings, quirky antiques and light fixtures that has live acoustic music? Potbelly has a unique, upbeat environment that is fun for our customers and fun for our employees. Our stores generally close around 9 or 10 p.m., so you won’t be getting out of there at sun-up, and we don’t have grills or fryers so when you do leave, you won’t smell like grease!
1. The Food! Potbelly is known for its incredible toasted sandwiches, yummy hand-dipped shakes, malts and smoothies, and desserts. you will receive a Potbelly meal discount on your shift! If you’ve had Potbelly, you’ll know how great this perk is!