Hadoop Platform Engineer
The Hadoop Platform Engineer role is a direct hire opportunity with one of our clients in Cary, NC. Target salary range is $85,000 - $115,000 with one of the best benefits packages in town. Relocation assistance is available as is sponsorship for people with at least 2 years remaining on their current visa.
You will be responsible for the design and implementation of Big Data technologies. The main project at this time is the Hadoop Managed Service, (HMS). Initial targeted technologies will include Hadoop and virtualization. Additional Big Data technologies will include MongoDB, Cassandra, MarkLogic, SAP Hanna, SAS, etc.
It will be a hands-on role where responsibilities will include design and implementation of Big Data technologies. Will also work with client teams to ensure products meet functionality, cost and stability requirements, as well as working alongside other engineering teams such as Unix Engineering and Networking.
Responsibilities of the Hadoop Platform Engineer:
- Implementation of the Big Data platform(s)
- Participate actively and contribute to design, development discussions and meetings
- Perform technical analysis to present pros and cons of various solutions to problems
- Analyze business requirements and research and recommend technology components
- Willingness to mentor junior team members as needed