CENTURY INSURANCE GROUP (a division of Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. NYSE: MIG) is a publicly traded company that employs more than 1000 associates in over 30 offices throughout the United States. Meadowbrook operates insurance agencies, a risk management company that provides services to self-insured groups, funds and pools, and operates 6 domestic insurance companies.
Meadowbrook is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing challenging opportunities for our associates and a superior working environment. As Meadowbrook continues to grow, we are constantly on the lookout for bright, talented team players with a dedication and passion for their work.
We offer our associates competitive wages, an excellent benefits package, a friendly, team oriented environment and encourage and reward the professional growth of our associates. We are looking for a full time commercial lines Underwriter to join our Westerville, Ohio office.
To determine acceptability and pricing of business within assigned underwriting authority. Manage production of acceptable business from assigned producers.
1. Analyze information on new and renewal business in order to accept, price, modify or reject business within delegated underwriting authority level.
2. Recognize submissions that exceed underwriting authority and refers them on to the appropriate personnel for their review. Prepare the referral package including a complete underwriting analysis and recommendations for risk acceptance or rejection.
3. Conduct agents/brokers visitations, internal and external, to establish and maintain contacts and develop additional business.
4. Participate in Agency Underwriting Audits.
5. Review and analyze communications from other departments and successfully applies that information to underwriting issues within the underwriting department.
6. Show competency and knowledge of current market trends, conditions and competition in the marketplace.
7. Respond to regulatory and compliance issues.
8. Train and mentor Underwriting Assistants as assigned.
9. When working on renewals, must be proficient with COL to provide timely renewal service to agents on the Binding Book.